• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Weekend M8 ProClimb report

A
Nov 6, 2010
Wasilla, AK

Had a great time this weekend and overall pretty impressed with my Cat, finally.

Went through a 70 miles worth of riding and didn't eat a belt....amazing. :)

Ran good and strong, but still hard starting imho. After the second day I had to take the plastic off and jump the starter motor to get it to unlock so that I was getting fuel, but other than that it ran great.

My homemade brake disk cover was awesome......First time I've ridden and not had the belt slip some from snow / water getting on my belt. Something Cat should've easily addressed before this thing ever made it to market.

Overall I'm still thinking about going to the 38" front A-arm kit, but I might try to adjust the suspension first.

The more I read I believe it is:

Drop the back to the lower holes and then drop the front equally straight down. Problem is, mine don't have the second set of holes.....and I'm not to keen of drilling when obviously Arctic Cat didn't design my specific tunnel to take holes drilled there......or will it hold up?

If you all are fairly confident that it will I may try this as I would enjoy less trenching and the ability to throw it around a bit easier on the side hills and trees.

Thanks in advance for any advice......

Premium Features