• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Brake Rotor cover / Seat Mod

A
Nov 6, 2010
Wasilla, AK
I've seen some others come up with some neat ways to keep water off the belt due to cat not understanding what a cover does on my M8 ProClimb. So I decided to attempt to create a cover with some UMHW.

Cut out a template with some cardboard and traced it on the UMHW and here is what I've come up with in the attached photos.

Then I proceeded to drill and install a pin in the seat and replace the bolt so that I can simply push in and pull out the bearing pin to remove the seat in the field.

Hope this helps some having issues with the water on the belt issue and an easier way to remove the seat other than just leaving the bolt out and hope it stays latched ;)

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg Pin.jpg Pin2.jpg

jr_ddix

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
The big stainless exhaust band clamps work realy well for the rotor cover

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
Weasel:

Love the idea for the pin for the seat.......

I will be doing that.........

Kudos

E

Extreme-One

Nov 26, 2007
Meridian, ID
Good idea on the brake. For the seat I just took the bolt out and ran it back through from the other side. The end of the bolt goes through the nut and the seat attaches like normal but springs over the end of the bolt. Holds really good!

A
Nov 6, 2010
Wasilla, AK
WHAT IS THAT UHMW STUFF? AND DOES YOUR PIN HAS A SPRING LOADED BALL ?

UMHW. Is basically hockey board material. Most plastic stores/shops carry a version of it. I've made custom skiplates out of the stuff for years. Awesome stuff!

Sadly I only had a spar piece from a skid build was really to thick. I made it work, but if anyone wants a template and plans just let me know, but stick to at the thickest maybe.
....: .25 or thinner.

Yes the pin was one from Home Depot. I just cut the length to be just right where the ball just makes it through the seat and bot and snaps out. This vibration etc is less likely to be an issue. The ball is spring loaded by the way.

A
Nov 6, 2010
Wasilla, AK
Good idea on the brake. For the seat I just took the bolt out and ran it back through from the other side. The end of the bolt goes through the nut and the seat attaches like normal but springs over the end of the bolt. Holds really good!

Great call on reversing the hex screw......I didn't think of that one. :)

Premium Features