• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Finally got to try a Timbersled and a 2moto on the same snow conditions

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
did you ride with Lee Olive today on the husaberg with the 2moto?

Yep.. Lee's a great guy and a talanted rider.. Cant wait for more single ski outings..Its still a bit early on the snow conditions.. But perfect for the bike kits..

Jon Mutiger

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2010
Maple Ridge, BC
Sorry about that guys, I didn't realize I hadn't filled out my location.
I'm in Maple Ridge, which is just outside of Vancouver, BC.

Jon

T

turbo99

Mar 16, 2008
tacoma,wa
Yep.. Lee's a great guy and a talanted rider.. Cant wait for more single ski outings..Its still a bit early on the snow conditions.. But perfect for the bike kits..

i talked to him sunday afternoon he might have told you im the guy with the timbersled kit. we are going up this weekend.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
i talked to him sunday afternoon he might have told you im the guy with the timbersled kit. we are going up this weekend.

Hopefully we'll see you then.Might go up thursday night as well. Looking for a different place with a bit more play area for the low snow conditions. riding miles of whooped out trails isnt my cup of tea..

Jon Mutiger

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2010
Maple Ridge, BC
Your name isn't Darryl is it? Anyways, if you ever wanna check out some of the locations around Vancouver let me know.. We don't have the problem of whooped out trails.. in fact, we don't even have what you'd call trails.. Just access to the alpine, then it's a free for all.

T

turbo99

Mar 16, 2008
tacoma,wa
Hopefully we'll see you then.Might go up thursday night as well. Looking for a different place with a bit more play area for the low snow conditions. riding miles of whooped out trails isnt my cup of tea..

we are going on sat. just above my parents cabin. its outside of randle at the bottom of helens Lee was gonna call youguys this week see if you wanted to go. its fresh from the truck5k to 6500k elevation last week there was 4ft. should be a good time we call it the secret spot this is a pic from last year might be a long drive for ya pm me your number so we can stay in contact

Mtn. Muncher

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2010
One thing I might add about the frozen air filters is that you can put a stick on frog skin screen over the intake holes in the side panels. The fluffy snow gets in through those holes. Also If you rout the 4 vent lines on the carbs up into the air box, this will also make your bike run much better and also get better fuel milage. They get pluged with snow and then make the engine run rich.

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
yes

One thing I might add about the frozen air filters is that you can put a stick on frog skin screen over the intake holes in the side panels. The fluffy snow gets in through those holes. Also If you rout the 4 vent lines on the carbs up into the air box, this will also make your bike run much better and also get better fuel milage. They get pluged with snow and then make the engine run rich.

I'm in the process of screening the whole air box and going to just screen the filter cage as well (No foam). It is a bit of a job but i'm also relocating the whole suspension from the subframe down an inch and ahead 2 more inches so I can install a top the the tunnel to direct the snow away from my engine. Hope this all works should be done this week..

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Your name isn't Darryl is it? Anyways, if you ever wanna check out some of the locations around Vancouver let me know.. We don't have the problem of whooped out trails.. in fact, we don't even have what you'd call trails.. Just access to the alpine, then it's a free for all.

Yes thats me Jon...

J
Dec 27, 2010
Heber utah
I got my hands on an explorer kit. First time for me doing any snow stuff on my bike. Love it!

My question is, what is the weight difference between the explorer and the other two kits mentioned in this thread?

Also, it sounds like the kit I have sucks compared to these two. How bad does it really suck compared to the other kits? I thought the explorer sidehills like crazy, do the other two kits do better at that?

How about the skiis? I feel the explorer ski does fine but requires a lot of leaning and muscle sometimes in the powder.

In over 2' of powder, I can put right along (can't go up a hill in that though).

Anyways, I'm just trying to gauge a comparison to what I know.

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
comparison

I have alot of time on the explorer kit and just had a great weekend on my home built kit. Only rode a 2 moto for a little bit last year. I would say that the explorer will out do any other kit on the trail but not in the deep and steep. We have gotten to some crazy spots on the explorer it just takes more creative lines. If you make a lock up device for the pivot on the ski i think it will help you ride in the deep snow but sucks very bad on hard pack. There is a good ski thread on BCR forum that shows my lock out setup. Enjoy your ride.

B
Nov 23, 2008
Emerald Valley
I have alot of time on the explorer kit and just had a great weekend on my home built kit. Only rode a 2 moto for a little bit last year. I would say that the explorer will out do any other kit on the trail but not in the deep and steep. We have gotten to some crazy spots on the explorer it just takes more creative lines. If you make a lock up device for the pivot on the ski i think it will help you ride in the deep snow but sucks very bad on hard pack. There is a good ski thread on BCR forum that shows my lock out setup. Enjoy your ride.

There were explorer kits at a race last year that got toasted on a tracked down race course up and down a mtn. It wasn't even close... The 2moto track design allows for superior sidehilling especially w/ a gen 2 ski on. The suspension design is what puts the explorer to shame imo. To each there own. I just dig the fact that there's more people curious about the sport.

M

more snow

Jan 8, 2008
Nampa, ID
What is the BCR Forum?

J&L, can you please provide a link to the lockout setup discussion that you are referring to. I would be very interested in learning more. Thanks.

Premium Features