• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dirt bike ride on Tuesday 10/7, Boise front?

J

John

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 27, 2003
Boise, Id
Took the day off to ride the Boise front and my usual riding bud may not be able to make it. Anyone interested? Warning, I'm a putt-putt booney crasher. :D

J

John

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 27, 2003
Boise, Id
No snow...might be a little hard on the skis, track and skid but if you bring some bottled beer your welcome. :face-icon-small-win

Going Sunday too if anyone wants to tag along.

Last edited:
J

John

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 27, 2003
Boise, Id
I was alone so I went up 8th to Eagleson and back up the creek (what is that stretch from Clear Creek Summit to the ridge called?) to the ridge then dropped into the old cabin and back out the ridge to Rocky Canyon. Only saw two other riders on KTM's and two Ada County Sheriff's on BMW's. Looked like they were working hard. :rolleyes:

I
Nov 27, 2007
BOISE,ID
I didn't mean it like that but that was kinda funny anyway.
I want to get up there and ride soon.
We are headed over to St Anthony's tomorrow !! :D:beer;
Its going to be chilly but the sand will be fast.

We have been riding over here a BUNCH. FUN AS HELL !!!
They just updated the trail map. Check it out.
Click on Satalite and then ckilk on the trails and it tells you about them future and existing.

http://www.idahovelopark.org/

J

John

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 27, 2003
Boise, Id
We will be going this Saturday, 10/20 if anyone wants to tag along.

Last edited:
J

John

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 27, 2003
Boise, Id
Some pics of the last couple of weeks.

We built a bench and did a little work on the cabin but I think that it will be lucky to make it through another heavy snow year. :( Also found an old Cuda? back there. Whoever got it to where it was must have had nads of steel.

Grayback 001.jpg Grayback 009.jpg Grayback 016.jpg Grayback 019.jpg Grayback 024.jpg Grayback 020.jpg Grayback 026.jpg

Last edited:
J

John

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 27, 2003
Boise, Id
Pics from 11/1...

This day was almost a total rain out. Spent way too much time sitting, waiting. We finally gave up and headed back to the front side and found sun! Did Hulls a couple of times and called it a day. No pics this past weekend but we had fun in the SNOW at the top of Daggett. I figure maybe one more ride on this loop if the weather geeks are right.

smDirt 019.jpg smDirt 024.jpg

Last edited:
I
Nov 27, 2007
BOISE,ID
Nice. I have never had a fire at the cabin. We need a cord of wood inside ;)
We rode behind our cabin in New Meadows Sat and Sun. Back twards Pollock mtn. Mud and Little Mud Creek.
Pretty soupy but really fun. I rode my b inlaws Kawi 300R. Damn I need a bike and get off my quad.

J

John

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 27, 2003
Boise, Id
Friday was a great day! No pics yet (still waiting to get them from Doug) but we had another great ride. Last Sunday was a snow rodeo, most of the trails had 4-5" on them. What a blast.

On a sour note...it looks like someone is building right where the trail heads up from Clear Creek summit. No Trespassing signs all over and they are turning dirt. We will have to either drop in from the ridge road at the rocks or drop in by the cabin. Bummer, we really enjoy Eagleson down and Daggett up. :( Maybe it will get cut in a little closer to Clear Creek?

J

John

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 27, 2003
Boise, Id
Some pics

From our last ride on bikes and first on sleds. The guy on the rope lost his throttle cable at the cabin. Poor guy had kind of a tough trip out.

Picture 006.jpg Picture 021.jpg Picture 023.jpg Picture 028.jpg Picture 030.jpg DSC02896.jpg DSC02901.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features