• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2001 RMK Top End Rebuild Help

J
Jan 9, 2008
I will be rebuilding the top end in my 2001 800 RMK in the next couple of days and I have never done one before. I know this is a fairly common and simple repair, and I was hoping people who have done them before could offer some helpful hints to make it go smoother.
I am putting two new cylinders and a wiseco piston kit. I am also wondering what the recommended break in procedure is?

Thanks in advance for any help!

J
Jan 9, 2008
Thanks for the help. next question: I started it up after the rebuild to let it idle for a minute and there is no oil in the oil lines. How long should it take to get oil in the lines?

D
Sep 14, 2006
On the toilet
Don't run it with air in the oil lines unless you have mixed your gas for break in.
Best way to do it, is mix a couple of gallons and run off that. Take a zip tie and tie the oil pump wide open and then run the engine until all air bubbles are out of the lines. It takes a few minutes at least. If you don't hold the oil pump open it will take quite awhile. That will insure you don't run it without oil.
Once you are completly sure the air is out of the lines, you can fill your tank the rest of the way up with gas.

Just remember why wiseco's are nicknamed siezcos. Warm that sucker up every time before you even think about giving it throttle, even if you only let it sit for 20 minutes.

Premium Features