• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Jumping ship.....maybe to the dark side???

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
ok instead of specs, and dry specs to boot, how about reading the forums of posted pictures of ACTUAL sleds hanging full of fluids.:face-icon-small-coo

They both have different capacities. That's why. almost a gallon more fuel goes in the axys. That's another 6 lbs to the spread. I'm not sure on oil. Point being the only apples to apples comparison is dry.

Anyway, look at the rest of my post. It's much more than just the weight. It's the geometry of the chassis. The axys gets up on the snow and goes. Have you ridden one yet? If not, take off your doo hat and ride one without bias. That's all I'm saying.

If you choose doo because that's what you like then so be it. I really don't care what anybody else rides. Just don't be blind to what might be better

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
i am not being bias about anything, all im talking about are facts. there is 20 lbs diff from axys 163-3" and a 174 t3..nowhere did i mention about lift or flickable blah blah..just ACTUAL measured weight weights. now make the axys a 174 3" and it will be a 10 lbs difference, thats all i was saying, so what else do you want to add to try and distract from my only point?

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
i am not being bias about anything, all im talking about are facts. there is 20 lbs diff from axys 163-3" and a 174 t3..nowhere did i mention about lift or flickable blah blah..just ACTUAL measured weight weights. now make the axys a 174 3" and it will be a 10 lbs difference, thats all i was saying, so what else do you want to add to try and distract from my only point?

You're a doo-laid lost cause lol. I'm done

J
Oct 15, 2013
Breckenridge, CO
Hopped on an Axys for a quick rip at Rabbit Ears the other day. Gotta say I hated the Pro chassis, but the axys is much much better. Could really feel the weight difference and seemed to have nice power. I'm def kicking around the idea of switching over after the first of the year depending on incentives offered. Either way Doo needs to make some big changes next year because if that Polaris motor proves to be reliable you're gonna see a lot of switch happening.

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
So....in as far as getting up on the snow...has anyone tried the adjustable limiter strap yet? I will on Saturday since that is our first ride this year but I would believe sucking it would get the Doo on the snow faster than having it loose. I don't think it is as fun for those that like to wheelie but lessening the approach angle should get the sled up faster. Right?

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Have both16 163 3" axys & 16 t3 163. The Axys drives up on the snow way better. The Doo has a little better top end and the Axys has wicked bottom end. Running down through rough trail the Doo is way smoother. The Axys is a real rigid feel to it. When it gets real deep I will do a side by side comparison( no track poaching ). Both sleds are stock. I also tried pulling the limiter strap up on the Doo and didn't care for it.

Last edited:
S
Nov 2, 2009
Hugo, MN
Have both16 163 3" axys & 16 t3 163. The Axys drives up on the snow way better. The Doo has a little better top end and the Axys has wicked bottom end. Running down through rough trail the Doo is way smoother. The Axys is a real rigid feel to it. When it gets real deep I will do a side by side comparison( no track poaching ). Both sleds are stock. I also tried pulling the limiter strap up on the Doo and didn't care for it.

This is a honest guy giving unbiased answers. Awsome

S
Nov 2, 2009
Hugo, MN

Where do you get this logic??
Dry weight to dry weight is 36# if one sled has a bigger gas tank or oil tank or ?? it get a penalty for that??
If you put 5 gallons of gas and 2 quarts of oil in each sled there will still be 36# difference.

How do you get at 174 it goes to 10#?? where does that logic come in? please explain this.
Here is my logic, a 163 axys to a 163 t3 is 36# dry. Why would it decrease if it went to a 174 axys to a 174 t3??

Some people are giving honest true side by side comparisons and I applaud that.

Does Poo have to prove the motor reliability, heck ya, only time will tell if they finally got it.
Does Ski doo need to update to newer technology as a whole, Heck ya, do I think they will do this soon? Heck ya.

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
Really? I beg to differ, just traded a proclimb , one i almost beged the dealer to take so we could have a second axys. That proclimb was the biggst peice of junk to come out of any sled factory.
Busted running boards, bent rails, blown motor, jackshaft broke off taking out the chain case, secondary and primary clutch, stabed track, join in tunnel loose, same period of time we had a 13 pro , only issue was the mountian loop came off.
All of the cat problems were repaired under warranty,so it wasnt abuse.
My nefew got a pro climb , with loose rear tunnell, motor gone,bent rails,thousands of dollars in belts, and your gonna try convince me the axys is fragile?? We're not brand loyala we rode cats since 1993, but right now axys has all the high tech stuff, that the other brands would love to have.

Add chain and tensioner to the list of broken parts on my nefews proclimb, broke down luckyl on trail going into chapel today,in valemont. He wants a axys so bad but no polaris dealer will take cars on trade,and 0 takers on kijiji, so hes stuck with his peice of junk.

S
Nov 2, 2009
Hugo, MN
show me one person who can drive up a hill with a dry weighted sled.:face-icon-small-hap

Ok so if I polaris builds a sled with a 5 gallon gas can they get to take that off your weight list also and you would honor that? Highly doubtful. That is why you get dry weight sled # or same exact amount of fluids in each sled and then get the #.

your making no sense bud.

I'm not picking sides its just the facts and reality.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
i wish my sled had 4 more gallons of capacity, most of us carry extra gas. RTR weights are what matters, have fun riding dry weighted

S
Nov 2, 2009
Hugo, MN
i wish my sled had 4 more gallons of capacity, most of us carry extra gas. RTR weights are what matters, have fun riding dry weighted

Now you would be at another +12 # disadvantage.

First your closer to weight because your gas tank is 2 gall smaller next you want 4 more gallons of gas and you carry extra and RTR weight is what matters. Your all over the board bud. You cant make this stuff up!

OK I got it DB is the always right, whatever he says everyone should listen because he knows.
If you give valid points he will just insist he's right until you accept it. so now I accept it.
DB IS THE BEST!

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
what im saying is for me personally id take a tank a few gallons larger, most times we carry it on the back...larger tank means no carrying extra gas. rtr is how you ride the sled, again ive never seen a dry weighted sled rippin around. you can moan all you like about whats not fair, if you want to fill your axys with less gas then go ahead, ive been riding for 30 years and have never seen one person not fill up the sled or complain that someone else's tank holds one gallon less.Maybe you should start posting in the rtr topics that its not fair, that they should empty every single drop of fluid and reweigh the sleds

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Now you would be at another +12 # disadvantage.

First your closer to weight because your gas tank is 2 gall smaller next you want 4 more gallons of gas and you carry extra and RTR weight is what matters. Your all over the board bud. You cant make this stuff up!

OK I got it DB is the always right, whatever he says everyone should listen because he knows.
If you give valid points he will just insist he's right until you accept it. so now I accept it.
DB IS THE BEST!
your math needs working....axys 11.5gallon - xm 10.8 gallon=?

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I am starting to wonder how many SWsters actually ride and how many just ride the keyboard. Jeebuz. The guys who actually ride the sleds make PERFECT posts about them, I cannot agree more. Then there are the keyboard jockeys who sit there in their whitey tighties pretending to know what they are talking about, clicking back and forth between SW and gay monkey ****...

I

Icedog

Feb 9, 2006
Grande Cache, AB
Even though I am sure my choice to be on a ProClimb at this point in time will somehow come into play again here.....I see no value in the Dry Weight of a sled, how much of each fluid a sled holds, if it is belt drive or chain driven from factory.....The ONLY weight that really should matter to a rider is how much the sled weighs when it leaves the parking lot. And here is a shocking fact.....that number means WAY more to some people than it does to others. We have every brand in our group and guess what; they all have issues at some point, and they are all heavy when they are stuck. We also NEVER brand bash...karma is a bitch.

Summit8

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2001
Fairview, MT
WTF ever, go buy a POO!!!
If you whiners ever had to keep a sled more than a couple seasons you'd know the diff.
I'M OUT!!!!!!!!!

Premium Features