• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Some HOT NEW products for the XM Mountain Rider

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Ski Doo “Helium” Light weight Hood Kit

New for this year is a light weight hood kit for the Ski Doo XM/XS models. This hood weighs in at 3.25 lbs complete with the venting already installed. (The air intake is an additional 1 lb). This kit will offer the customer a serious weight loss at approximately 13-14 lbs. If you combine this with the Narrow side panel kit with the Ultra-Q silencer you are approaching 25-26 lbs with just these two mods. That’s a serious weight loss which the rider will absolutely notice a difference.

The hood is formed from durable TPO plastic and finished with a durable automotive basecoat/clearcoat finishing system. These hoods are offered in a flat black finish and a white gloss finish. They will be offered in a kit which will include the air intake kit or just the hood for those who want to install a turbo system and have their own air intake setup.

You can order the (#HLED400) LED headlight kit to install on the hood for those that need light. The Headlight offers 1000 lumens of light, that is plenty of light to get home. You can install two lights for those that need more light.

Ski Doo XM “Helium” Narrow Side Panel Kits

SPG has new offerings for the ski doo side panels which will dramatically narrow the machine making it much more effective in technical terrain riding and all backcountry style riding applications. Both side panels have been reshaped and formed to narrow the machine as much as possible. These panels are contoured and will narrow the machine up to 3” per side. All panels are offered with venting already installed on the panels. Panel kit will require the use of the Skinz Ultra-Q silencer or the SLP aftermarket silencer. This is likely not suitable for turbo applications which utilize the space on the right side of the machine where the OEM muffler was located. The side panels are offered as a kit with just the side panels and kits that include our Ultra-Q silencer. The panel kit combined with our Ultra-Q silencer will eliminate 12lbs of weight. These panels install and fit the machine like the OEM panels. No modification necessary for installation. Left & right side panels can be purchased individually. Original panels will be able to be reinstalled at any time.

Note: These panels will only work with the Skinz AirLoc Running board Kits or with the Rasmussen Running board kits installed. Since we are dramatically narrowing the machine, it is required that the running board modifications are made first. This Kit is intended to provide the backcountry rider with a serious modification to their machine enabling them to ride terrain not possible before these improvements.

They are also offered in two different material offerings. The TPO material offering is a very durable material which is the same material used by the OEM to build their side panels. This material is a painted version using an automotive Base Coat/Clear Coat finishing system that offers a tough finish and very good looking part. We offer this panel in flat black for a very sleek high quality look & feel. This material is a great option for anyone wanting to paint their own colors or for those building custom machines.

The second material offering is an HDPE material. This side panel kit is a lower cost option and is great for those who are bashing through the trees and the technical rider that will be doing a lot of scuffing and rolling. These panels have a haircel finish and are only offered in black and cannot be painted. It’s a great solution for those that will be rough on their machine but want to save the original condition of their OEM panels. These also come with the venting already installed and ready to go.

We offer these panels with and without the Ultra-Q silencer. This is to provide the customer with an option of using the SLP if they prefer that over the Ultra-Q or they are using an SLP exhaust kit.

Snowmobiles with OEM electric start kits will need to purchase the Skinz Lightweight battery kit.

AirLoc Running Boards – Ski Doo XM (146”- Longer Tracks)

SPG is extending the benefits of the AirLoc running boards to the Ski Doo XM. A new running board design has been created and built just for the backcountry needs of the Ski Doo XM. This running board design is a welded assembly that incorporates a permanent 2” raised running board position moving the rider upward which allows a whole new dimension of rider control in steep terrain. The tunnel is able to be trimmed higher and the raised position of the running board allows this machine to be in terrain never before possible. Since it is a welded assembly, it also has the added benefit of integrated tunnel reinforcement. This kit also includes the Billet Brake Rotor cover as an added benefit and durability. The Ski Doo rider can combine this with the hood and narrowed side panels to build the ultimate backcountry Ski Doo mountain machine.

Ski Doo XM T-Motion Limiters
These small turned Delrin parts limit the T-motion movement up to 90%. For the full on backcountry technical terrain rider who needs their Ski Doo to maintain a solid edge all the time, this is your solution. For some riders, the T-motion can wander a little too much during climbing and technical traversing and steep terrain riding. These limiters stabilize and settle the T-motion down just enough to create a predictable and dependable attitude when the machine is being pushed to the limits. Very easy to install and no modification is necessary. Turned parts install on each side of the swivel ball. This kit includes 4 sets so you will be able to install new limiters when you notice the parts are starting to wear. Depending on your riding, the limiters will last about 350-500 miles. This is a very low cost option to fine tune your machines rear suspension for the rider who needs a little more control.

Adjustable Heated and Non-Heated Brake Levers (Polaris & Ski Doo XM/XS)
SPG is now offering adjustable brake levers in heated and non-heated versions for the Polaris Pro RMK/AXYS machines and the Ski Doo XM/XS models. Brake levers are billet machined in a styled, ergo form to better accommodate the rider needs. In addition, the lever depth is adjustable so the rider can exactly position the lever for the perfect fit to their needs. Great for every rider including women and the younger riders coming up through the ranks. The heated versions include everything needed for complete installation. Both heated and non-heated install just like OEM. No modifications needed.

More to come.....

Last edited:

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Don`t even have the sled yet! Just wondering about the price range on those parts :)

Pricing is as follows. These are going to be available to those who put there money down on them BY September. We have a pre-order going in next week which will be treated as priority.

These are Retail Pricing:

TPO Side Panels with Exhaust - $749.95

HDPE Side Panels with Exhaust - $649.95

TPO Side Panels without Exhaust - $499.95

HDPE Side Panels without Exhaust - $399.95

Hood with Intake - $499.95

Hood without Intake - $399.95

Airlocs with brake rotor cover - $1499.95

Take into consideration these requirements:

1. Running the side panel kit will require a Skinz or SLP silencer (others may work, it just hasn't been determined)

2. Side Panel kits require Airlocs or Bret Rasmussen airframe boards. Narrowing up the side panels and leaving the running boards wide defeats the purpose of the kit.

3. IF you have electric start on your sled and want to run the side panel kit, you will need the NEW lightweight battery kit from Skinz.

Does the hood allow for use of the stock windshield ?
Does the total weight loss include "No windshield" ?

Thanx, Slim.

No you lose the stock windshield. What you see in the picture is what the the weight loss represents.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Nice products.

Wish doo would come with those features from the factory.
Could have the handling and save some bucks.

SkiDooHoser

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Driggs, Idaho
Why are the running boards so much more than all of the others (Rasmussen style at $525)? Brake cover is sweet!

Nice looking stuff

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Why are the running boards so much more than all of the others (Rasmussen style at $525)? Brake cover is sweet!

Nice looking stuff

There are more components to the Rasmussen boards. First the step over bar is only on the Bret boards. Second they come with a vacuum formed plastic piece that replaces the stock piece.

Bret.jpg

Buy now and we are offering 15% off.

T

tkuss

Dec 12, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Awesome looking products. And I think the side panels are priced pretty fairly, however having to buy 500$ running boards to get them to work is kinda deal breaker for me personally.

Anybody think there is a way to modify/narrow the stock running boards to get the skinz narrow panels to fit?

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
Sweet!! A narrowed XM would be awesome. I narrowed my XP running boards and side panels two years ago and love it. Any one who thinks those side panels are ugly should see my butchered mess, haha. Great pricing on everything except the boards.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Awesome looking products. And I think the side panels are priced pretty fairly, however having to buy 500$ running boards to get them to work is kinda deal breaker for me personally.

Anybody think there is a way to modify/narrow the stock running boards to get the skinz narrow panels to fit?

Narrowing the front side panels and not the running boards makes it pointless as the boards stick out. It's the nature of the beast, it's like lifting a truck and keeping the stock tires on it. You wouldn't lift a truck to gain tire clearance and not put a taller tire on. Making the stock boards narrower would take quite a bit of work and it may not look the way it turns out.

SledGuru

Lifetime Membership
May 9, 2008
WY 307
I love the idea and look of it all. I have the original skinz boards (do they work with side panels ?) and turbo system. Might have to just go with hood if panels don't work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
I love the idea and look of it all. I have the original skinz boards (do they work with side panels ?) and turbo system. Might have to just go with hood if panels don't work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

No. The original Airframes are factory width so they won't work. Rasmussen boards are 1.5" narrower than stock. It all depends on turbo I would assume, if you post up a picture we can look at it.

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
Personally, I am coming off a Pro for a T3 next season. These products make a Scud look a lot like a Pro. I know the Pro was good chassis for sure. I am not knocking this product, it looks awesome. I am just not sure that many of us are held up in the mountains by the width or weight of our machines...unless it is ungodly in the heft.

I used to ride an 800 Pro so I had a lot of time on my wife's 2011 IQ 600 (my back up sled). I believe the IQ to be quite a boat in comparison but I rode it and it never really held me back except when I needed more power. I know that Burandt, Adams, and Skinner are at fabulous riders. They ride these sleds way past the point that most us would or could. We are held back more by our ability and the size of our nuts in my opinion.

I guess I'll see next year if the T3 is as bad as most Polaris guys make it out to be. I know I rented a 2015 SP 800 for a day in Yellowstone and had a blast on it. Hence the reason I am jumping ship next year.

These side panels, hood, boards....are all great additions for those who can truly benefit from them. No matter what though, I am impressed with Skinz for putting these products out there.

Last edited:

TJ427

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2012
Bismarck, ND
Kudos to Skinz on this product! A few of us were talking about this concept previously and now we have the opportunity to bolt it onto our sleds! It would be great to hear from anyone who has experience using the Airloc running boards. Is it worth the $$? Is it really effective for backcountry riding? Does the mechanical advantage actually translate to a benefit in the backcountry without causing any problems on weight transfer with the rear skid? The idea sounds great, but I am interested to hear from those who have used the elevated running boards.

Premium Features