• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can we get a update from Bret Rasmussen Please

C
Jan 29, 2008
I saw this post a few months ago. I did a search but couldn't find it.

I really thought by now (Aug 1) Bret would be giving us some updates on both, how he likes the XM, and what he has been doing to it.
Anyone else wonder what his thoughts are on the XM?

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
Not deaner apparently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dont mean to be rude. I just dont get why people care at all about sponsored opinions. I really dont get it. I mean BRP is paying this old guy to ride their sleds and say they are good. What do you think he is going to say??? Do you think Jimmy Blaze really liked doing back flips on yamahas? Nope! But throw enough money at a person and they will say anything. Yeah Rasmussen is a good rider, but he would be a good rider on any sled out there.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Dont mean to be rude. I just dont get why people care at all about sponsored opinions. I really dont get it. I mean BRP is paying this old guy to ride their sleds and say they are good. What do you think he is going to say??? Do you think Jimmy Blaze really liked doing back flips on yamahas? Nope! But throw enough money at a person and they will say anything. Yeah Rasmussen is a good rider, but he would be a good rider on any sled out there.

ding ding ding!!

The ONLY thing I look to guys like brett for is to see what they change, but even that gets perverted by sponsorship... like Brett moving back his skid on his proclimb so that he can squeeze his BOONDOCKER (TM) (MOST AWESOMEST EVAR)(NOTHING ELSE COMPARES)(YOU NEED ONE)(BTW BUY A BOONDOCKER TURBO)(DID I MENTION THAT THE ONLY WAY TO BE THIS AWESOME IS TO BUY A BOONDOCKER????) exhaust in front of the skid... so every one goes guying a bracket to move back their skids to be as awesome as brett, whether they understand WTF they're doing it for or not. (BUY A BOONDOCKER TURBO NOW)

Last edited:

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
if brett or burandt said to put peanut butter on your track most people would just ask plain or chunky:)

is kind of weird never to hear anything at all though...

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
if brett or burandt said to put peanut butter on your track most people would just ask plain or chunky:)

is kind of weird never to hear anything at all though...

LOL...the one I'll never forget was threads that were going at the same time a couple years back. One was about porting your non-ported track, and the other was some big shop selling plugs to un-port your factory ported track. And you've got people on both sides "I can totally tell a difference, blows away my buddy's XYZ!!" ::mmph::crazy::face-icon-small-con

That said, a guy like Brett has great marketing potential and I can't see why him/Doo doo wouldn't want to exploit that to some extent at least. I sure would. If he had a video out, I'm sure we'd all watch it even if it was just promotional BS.

Last edited:
C
Jan 29, 2008
To Deaner:

If you don't like Bret and don't follow him then don't chim in here. I don't care about your 2 cents. I started this thread to see what he had to say about the sled. I like hearing "most" people's reviews on ALL sleds. Even the Arctic fats. I'd never buy one but I like to hear what going on in the Arctic fat world. I'm thinking about buy an XM and Bret has more miles then anyone else. And with that big of a Name I'm a bit surprised that Doo hasn't put him everywhere. Just thought it would be nice to hear what he has to say. Didn't say I'd run out a buy all the latest and greatest parts that he has.

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
To Deaner:

If you don't like Bret and don't follow him then don't chim in here. I don't care about your 2 cents. I started this thread to see what he had to say about the sled. I like hearing "most" people's reviews on ALL sleds. Even the Arctic fats. I'd never buy one but I like to hear what going on in the Arctic fat world. I'm thinking about buy an XM and Bret has more miles then anyone else. And with that big of a Name I'm a bit surprised that Doo hasn't put him everywhere. Just thought it would be nice to hear what he has to say. Didn't say I'd run out a buy all the latest and greatest parts that he has.

So you're waiting to see if old Brett gives you the thumbs up before buying? See if you can get an autograph while your at it!!

Or you could just go ride one and see what you think.:face-icon-small-ton

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
he will also tell you it needs shorter bars and a stubby seat.

nothing said unbiased opinion like a sponsored rider.

Thats what Im getting at. Dont mean to come across as a dink or take over the thread........but I just dont understand why guys hang off of the words of these sponsored guys. They get paid to tell you the product is good.

As far as setup goes.........he has his sled set up for a 5 foot tall, 130lbs, 70 year old man. How many people is that going to work for? Haha. His setup info doesnt really apply to that many people.

M

madsigntist

Dec 19, 2007
Lehi, UT
www.summitsigns.biz
So wait....We should or we shouldn't make our decisions based on what a sponsored rider says, regardless if it seems completely ridiculous?

Alls I know is I'm getting that shorty seat and dropping my bars while I slam my post forward and get a Boondorker Turbo.

Even tho I dont and won't have my sled for months:face-icon-small-hap

deaner, i couldn't agree more with everything you've said; so true. To the O.P., if you wanted to see what Brett had to say why don't you call him up, email him, PM him, or write him a letter? I mean what did you think this was going to turn into??

Again deaner said it the best, sure Brett is a great rider but would ride anything well. That being said, he is about 5' nothing and a buck 35 in gear so who cares whats working for him unless your built like him?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Wow tough crowd over here haha. I agree that not everything a sponsored rider says should be taken as the last word, but it is interesting to some that just want to hear what they have to say.

Also, just because someone represents a smaller percentage of snowmobilers means that they shouldn't post information here because the majority doesn't want to hear it? That's BS. I am 25 years old,6'-2", and 260# so I agree that what Brett is doing is probably not going to work for me. However, my dad is the same age and about the same height as Brett. He is not on Snowest, but I am regularly so if there is a LOGICAL tip he puts up I could pass it on to him. And I think I read that the average age of snowmobilers is 42, so there are a whole lot of older riders out there.

I say get as much information out there as possible and then sift through it to see if it is useful to you or not.

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
I agree. I really dont mean it to come across as harsh as it sounds towards savage canuck. No disrespect intended. I do have a chip on my shoulder towards the whole sponsor/spokesperson thing. I think skidoo should take all of that money and use it to keep focusing on demo rides so people can just go ride the machines rather than basing their opinions on what a paid sponsor says. But maybe that should be saved for another thread.

It is definitely interesting that after that big of a switch that the old fella has been completely silent. Doesnt look good for skidoo. I say fire him and put the money into other things.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I agree. I really dont mean it to come across as harsh as it sounds towards savage canuck. No disrespect intended. I do have a chip on my shoulder towards the whole sponsor/spokesperson thing. I think skidoo should take all of that money and use it to keep focusing on demo rides so people can just go ride the machines rather than basing their opinions on what a paid sponsor says. But maybe that should be saved for another thread.

It is definitely interesting that after that big of a switch that the old fella has been completely silent. Doesnt look good for skidoo. I say fire him and put the money into other things.

Buy a BOONDOCKER TURBO

Btw, since we both switched from the same sled and the same kind of riding, I'd love to hear more from him, but the idea of basing anything off a sponsored riders "ok or not ok" is just silly. A glowing yes can mean anything, and the best you can expect to hear when they're not happy is nothing... which is what we're hearing. I've been happy as a pig in SH** with the switch myself, so him hating it wouldn't mean a darn thing to me

Buy a BOONDOCKER TURBO
Buy a BOONDOCKER TURBO
Buy a BOONDOCKER TURBO
Buy a BOONDOCKER TURBO
Buy a BOONDOCKER TURBO

Premium Features