• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

section 3

K
Feb 8, 2005
Yakima, Wa
We were real close to there last Friday and it's junk. All the snow is totally setup hard from high temps and sun. Pretty much everything within 200 miles of here is garbage from what I've seen and heard.

Hopefully this weeks forecast is under-estimated. :face-icon-small-dis

S
Jan 13, 2009
kelso washington
Thank god for 6 pack trucks that get 20 mpg

and 4 place enclosed because with fuel costs and distances to drive to good snow this sport would be a no go for me and lots of people. Driving to idaho, montana or canada every month gets expensive for something more than concrete.

K
Feb 8, 2005
Yakima, Wa
Good thing my sleds are sitting with non-e fuel. One is topped off and the other with 3/4 tank (only burned 1/4 tank last week, sad) since before new years weekend.
I used to ride every week no matter what. now days with fuel prices and the cost of parts when your sled slides backwards down a hill and eats poop, it's not worth it to me anymore.
SNOW PLEASE!! :face-icon-small-sad

S
Jan 13, 2009
kelso washington
Ditto

Good thing my sleds are sitting with non-e fuel. One is topped off and the other with 3/4 tank (only burned 1/4 tank last week, sad) since before new years weekend.
I used to ride every week no matter what. now days with fuel prices and the cost of parts when your sled slides backwards down a hill and eats poop, it's not worth it to me anymore.
SNOW PLEASE!! :face-icon-small-sad

Every time i go it's a tank in the superduty and 5-6 gal. maybe on the machine i almost brought out the hotrod last weekend cause everywhere it's the same show stiff snow. This is the first year we summitted helens in dec usually march april is first chance. And yep last weekend there was two yardsales on the side of her one was a total.

K3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2010
Portland,Oregon
Care to share some more details of where and what was at the yard-sale???? Thanx l<>l !!!!:face-icon-small-coo

K3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2010
Portland,Oregon
I understand yard-sale, was wondering which shute, eastside,south,west how far up or back down ect. but thanks for some of the info.. l<>l !!!:face-icon-small-coo

K3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2010
Portland,Oregon
Thanks SB,rescued & retreived a few from Helens when the FUN ended & work,ropes,rigging & sweat began to a long ways to the lot!!! Hope everybody was ok except for pride & pocket book!! BE safe,have fun & respect the mountain--ss!!! l<>l !!!:face-icon-small-coo

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
this pic is for 94fordguy.
Can u tell me where this pic was taken from?
20130217_130954.jpg

Last edited:

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
this pic is for 94fordguy.
Can u tell me where this pic was taken from?
20130217_130954.jpg

I know exactly where that was taken from..... My question to you is When was that taken?

We were up there Saturday playing and exploring, but I never rode over to look at 'your' spot.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
This last sunday.
That is a location that very few sleds have ever been.
Here is a pic from when I tried to climb back up. It wasn't happening!
20130217_131457.jpg

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
This last sunday.
That is a location that very few sleds have ever been.
Here is a pic from when I tried to climb back up. It wasn't happening!
20130217_131457.jpg

Very nice! We didn't spend much time at the main climb, we did tear the heck out of the small climb and explored a few new places too... One of them has some potential and turned out to have the best snow we saw all day by FAR! Considering it's location, I wouldn't be surprised if nobody knows about it either:D

We also did some tinkering on Mark's M7 and WOW, taking it out for the first time Saturday, it's hard to believe it's the same sled:eek::face-icon-small-coo

It was also nice to ride a good covered trail without gravel like Tampico was on Sunday... I hate getting my sled all muddy going in and out of the parking lot and getting beat to death on the bumps too... Roger and his crew do a hell of a job on the Grooming:beer;:D

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Threw on another 46 miles up on Pinegrass today and arrived back at the trailer with the fuel light flashing:face-icon-small-sho Snow was awesome! Over the hood most of the day (up high):face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap Arrived at the snow park at about 8:30am and was greeted with 6-8" of super dry sugar powder and it got better from there... about a foot across most of the mid section of the plateau and 18-24" of fluff up higher... best snow since New Years and we got first tracks at the hill climb and on the upper plateau too!

Winter has officially returned!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

Last edited:
Premium Features