• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whats new for 2014?

T
Jan 30, 2010
I think one possibility is we will see a new crankshaft/bottom end design like what the 2012 600rs got. This crank design promotes better crank case flow and made a 6hp gain.I read about a crank shaft mod in a 2007 snowtech mag in which directional holes were drilled into the faces of the crankshaft counter weights to pull more air through the engine. I suspect it was a similar design that went into the 2012 600rs motor. It would not surprise me to se a similar design go into the 800etech.if this were true this would bring the 800 etech into the 172 hp region.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
The season just started, why would you sell a brand new sled before the best part of the season is here?

Maybe because the snow sucks. All that record snowfall we got in December has gone to sh*t. It's rotten, sugary and coated with a nice Whoar Frost layer, so anything significant in snowfall will create an avy danger warning so bad all people will be able to do is meadow mash and flatland it. We had a 6' base New Years weekend and now we have a 41" base.

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Maybe because the snow sucks. All that record snowfall we got in December has gone to sh*t. It's rotten, sugary and coated with a nice Whoar Frost layer, so anything significant in snowfall will create an avy danger warning so bad all people will be able to do is meadow mash and flatland it. We had a 6' base New Years weekend and now we have a 41" base.

Didn't give the season much of a chance if he already sold a new sled. Some people must have a lot more money then me to buy a sled and own it for a month or 2 and sell.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
I would seriously consider switching from my Pro back to Skidoo and get an XM if they narrowed up the side panels, got rid of the rear torsion springs and put some decent shocks on it (the pro shocks suck too but at least they don't have torsion springs in the skid still). I would also like to see a different steering set up and a significant weight loss.

I don't expect they will change anything with the motor, it already is pretty solid. I wish I had the etec in my Pro.

T
Jan 30, 2010
BRP historically only runs a engine for 4-5 seasons and then makes changes.the etech800 was released in 2010. We're on the 4th season?

T

teamthunderf**ked

Jan 11, 2009
cherry point ab
I think brp has only one place to go with the motor and thats factory turbo as for the rest of the chassis maybe belt drive and a 174 option. the sled feels light enough, i dont want something that will fold on the eough trails

T

teamthunderf**ked

Jan 11, 2009
cherry point ab
with all the problems poo is having with the belt drive i'd rather stick with the chaincase. last thing i need is another $180 belt to buy!!!

I got lots of kms on my c3 belt drive no probs, with the advanrage of being able to change a belt on the hill in less than five min and the spare belt only weighing a few ounces . Poos prob is they dont have a tensioner in theres and the fact that they cant tie there shoes right

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
When I looked at thge XM SP I was going to buy, I hated that seat with a passion. Ugly as hel. Was going to put a BOSS on mine when I got the sled, then I test rode a demo. The seat is ugly for a reason! That seat is PERFECT for putting a knee on during maneuvers in that your foot/toe hooks over the back perfectly and helps lock you into the sled. (So don't change that, lol.)

S
Dec 8, 2012
ND
Does anyone think that doo might put a blower on their 600 ACE engine for a lighter weight super efficient 4 stroke summit? Just some food for thought.

M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
I doubt the torsion springs go away any time soon. They are required to make the T-Motion function properly.

Kmod should be able to figure it out ;) lol

I'm back Jan 25th. You guys gonna be good to ride after that?! I've got this new sweet, light, capable, non boosted sled you need to see LMAO! I guess my valves needed to be adjusted on my M1100. Once they heated up they wouldn't seal correctly and that was causing the power loss.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Bingo. Doo doesn't really need to do anything next year besides continue to refine/lighten this chassis. Maybe new clutches.... :face-icon-small-win

Finally someone mentioned the clutches, well at least the primary has to go and the secondary should float. I am expecting the 6 arm clutch to get the dampener so it will go right on to the 2 strokes.

J

JoJack

Jan 12, 2013
If it doesn't start snowing.. there's going to be way too many dealers buried in sleds... not looking good except in the NW...

J

Jeff K

Jan 26, 2008
Calgary, AB
Kmod should be able to figure it out ;) lol

I'm back Jan 25th. You guys gonna be good to ride after that?! I've got this new sweet, light, capable, non boosted sled you need to see LMAO! I guess my valves needed to be adjusted on my M1100. Once they heated up they wouldn't seal correctly and that was causing the power loss.

You bet! I got 2.5 weeks off starting on the 31st. We will have to make some plans.

Premium Features