• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Broken T-Flex motion.

Always war

Lifetime Membership
Nov 9, 2012
Utah
if everybody downplays the breaking 12k garbage,they might not fix it in 2014.

If everybody's trying so hard to downplay these problems, then why are there so many posts about issues in the pro forum? If anything, the xm guys are the ones who try to down play the problems. One jackwagon on here even went so far as to say that the pic of the broken t-motion was staged...really? Every time someone posts a problem with the xm, they get blasted by all the hardcore skidoo cultists, who don't want to think for a second that something maybe wrong with their beloved sled.

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
Another option for the Poo guys, Just do all your ridin on here with snomobiler, your problems will be minimized and you can also talk about the deficiencies. Some of you guys must see a problem with whichever brand you don't own, multiply the occurrence by about 20 , then come on here yapping, with the apparent assumption that none of the rest of the 4m spends any time with these sleds in the mountains.
Example, in our regular riding group there are 7 new Pros, we've been in the mountains since the middle of November, not one issue with drive belt or driveshaft, no motor issues whatsoever, last year locally very low number of 11 or 12 Pro motor issues. We have however had an oil pump stick wide open on an XM and a buddy hit a fairly mild creek and broke off his fuel nipple and 2 more that same weekend in other groups. Itll be remedied, just like the driveshaft, just a dumb design, but some would make it seem like an epidemic.
And yeah I know, the Poo guys have been just lucky cause you've seen hundreds of driveshafts and belts stripped in your area. Must be different snow conditions. Since the draggins went away the Poo motors have been BETTER, still need lots of improvements, but better, hopefully they'll continue to improve. Poo has been spending time and money on motor improvements with the best mountain chassis IMO hands down, and good on em for building the belt drive stock, it's about time someone did. , Doo, best motor by far, so they've been spending time and money trying to improve the chassis and handling in the snow and they still need to figure out how to get all the HP to the snow.
Good on both of em, if you take off the decal blinders, it comes down to personal preference.
I always here this power to the ground phrase ,last I checked doo put more power to the ground .It has been a few years sense I checked so please enlighten me on some facts.Not bitchen just really wondering .:yo:

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
If everyone whines and bitches about new technology and advancements that will benefit us all, they'll stop trying to make em better and big news will continue to be ,"hey folks we narrowed the ski stance again ".

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
I always here this power to the ground phrase ,last I checked doo put more power to the ground .It has been a few years sense I checked so please enlighten me on some facts.Not bitchen just really wondering .:yo:

No facts, just observations, Doo says 160 HP, Poo says 145 HP, on the snow especially in 2013, there is very litle difference in performance...... Why ? I assume the mechanisms that transfer power from crankshaft to snow. What do u suggest ?

B

BackCountryBob

Aug 7, 2001
Arvada, Colorado
No facts, just observations, Doo says 160 HP, Poo says 145 HP, on the snow especially in 2013, there is very litle difference in performance...... Why ? I assume the mechanisms that transfer power from crankshaft to snow. What do u suggest ?

Different track, different skis, different snow conditions, different set-ups, different riders--different strokes for different folks:face-icon-small-ton

BCB

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
I agree with ya they are both great sled .To me it who ever is going to look after me the best,but im still intrested to see real number just to see what's what.:yo:

T
Jan 29, 2008
A buddy I was riding with hit a large rock with his rear skid...Nailed the rock with the front of the skid so hard it destroyed his rear wheels...no damage to the T-Motion other than one rail was slightly bent...Seems pretty tough to me!

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
Different track, different skis, different snow conditions, different set-ups, different riders--different strokes for different folks:face-icon-small-ton

BCB

skis, who cares, same snow conditions, switching riders, keep em both stock and set up however you want, track yeah each have their strong and weak points, but as i said, this year so far in our area this is what we r seeing. . Different strokes thing, i agree with ya man, pick your poison, but i was commenting on how it would be natural to assume a 160 hp sled same length track similar weight would easily outperform a 145 hp sled. cant really assume the Doo guy is better or worse at setting up his sled. Your comments dont address that.

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
Good lord, one break down and suddenly everyone is freaking out. I think there are a lot of poo guys that would love to have the same # of problems the skidoo xm has had. To be honest I'm surprised there is only 1 problem thus far.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
If I get an XM, it will be boosted before it leaves the dealer. Wheelin? I happen to love it and I hate the fact that my XP stays down.

yammyman_1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 10, 2010
Sturgeon County, Alberta
Just messin' with ya man. I guess you've been getting razzed a bit much, don't blame you for not thinking I'm funny. I love the clip though, really makes me want a turbo. This JACKWAGON likes a bit of healthy competition.

Last edited:
S
Jan 26, 2012
Also had a buddy hit a creek hard last week. Impact on the far creek bank was up front on the skid, just behind where the front shock attaches. Both rails were bent, top and bottom shafts that front shock is attached to were both bent (top much worse), tunnel was bent in on one side, and pushed out on the other side, right where the top front shock shaft is attached, and he also dislocated his shoulder.

The T-motion had zero damage (didn't take the impact dead on)

I was with him, and here are pics of the the rails and top front shock shaft.

2012-12-30 16.49.05.jpg 2012-12-30 16.49.37.jpg

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Also had a buddy hit a creek hard last week. Impact on the far creek bank was up front on the skid, just behind where the front shock attaches. Both rails were bent, top and bottom shafts that front shock is attached to were both bent (top much worse), tunnel was bent in on one side, and pushed out on the other side, right where the top front shock shaft is attached, and he also dislocated his shoulder.

I think any skid in that situation woulda crumpled. Something like that isn't a manufacturer defect.

S

SUMMITREV

Oct 24, 2008
Baker, OR

Where you guys riding in dirt? Haha to hit hard enough to do that definitely did not get any cushion from snow. I have hit some thing super hard. Bashed a stump last year so hard my sled almost endowed when the track hit. Poked a hole all the way threw my track almost ripping it completely all the way (track was garbage) all I broke was bent front shock shaft a little and bent lower mounting bolt up pretty good.

Summit8

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2001
Fairview, MT
attachment.php

I dont see the problem. yamaha and cat tow strap,fire wood and weapon storage. Diiferent but effective

Ha, thas goot!!:rockon:

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
If everyone whines and bitches about new technology and advancements that will benefit us all, they'll stop trying to make em better and big news will continue to be ,"hey folks we narrowed the ski stance again ".

back to the good ole days when bng's were king:)

just over 400 miles on my tmo and have loved every inch of it!!!

Premium Features