• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

skinz super q vs bmp superlite can for 07 m8

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
I can say from experience on my 10 m8, the SuperQ is loud but sounded nice, I changed to an UltraQ which is a little quieter. Just one ride with the UltraQ but so far I think its ok.

Stack

ilovepowder

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2009
Cold Spring mn
stores.ebay.com
Yeah I want something with a nice braaap, but I dont want my ears to be ringing at the end of the day. I have heard great things about skinz and they are a local company for me so I would like to support them. I do like the idea of a lightweight bmp can as well just looking for more input.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
i have the bmp ypipe and exhaust..the jaws can..i know you want either Skinz or bmp..
all i can say is that bmp fit and finish and performance is top notch..as well as i assume the skinz are top quality as well..i don;t think you could go wrong with either

A

AKboondocker

Feb 4, 2006
Wasilla, Alaska
The BMP is loud as hell but sounds good riding in the trees. Itll make your ears bleed unloading it out of an enclosed trailer though. I would say its got great performance and is super light but I would prefer it to be a touch quieter. If I were you I would look for one that has a block off plate welded on so you dont have to seal up the exhaust pipe area. BMP has one, I dont think Skinz does. Either can is a good choice. Good luck.

jdorac

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Midwest
Put a Super Q on my '11 M8 yesterday, haven't ridden it yet but sounds pretty nice(throaty), will have to see if it gets louder with some hours. It does leave some open area where it exists the body. Thinking I will make a block of plate and rivet it to the pipe.

Premium Features