• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M7 stator wires

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
I'm putting a project sled together that had a fire behind the engine. Trying to rewire stator to main harness because plug in melted together. All the coils tested good but there are two orange and two blue with white stripe wires in stator harness that I dont know what they do. The orange wires ohm when checked together. The blue does the same. I don't want to hookup backwards. I can see where they go on both ends of melted plugs, but there are no markings to tell wires apart. Same situation with yellow wires for lighting coil. Any help will be appreciated.

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana
Hope this helps.

stator-1.jpg

Tonysnoo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2004
No. Nevada
I'm putting a project sled together that had a fire behind the engine. Trying to rewire stator to main harness because plug in melted together. All the coils tested good but there are two orange and two blue with white stripe wires in stator harness that I dont know what they do. The orange wires ohm when checked together. The blue does the same. I don't want to hookup backwards. I can see where they go on both ends of melted plugs, but there are no markings to tell wires apart. Same situation with yellow wires for lighting coil. Any help will be appreciated.

Your orange/wht wires will connect to the orange and orange/red. It doesnt matter about polarity(it's AC). The Blue/wht wires go to the blue/wht and blue red, again polarity is not an issue. The two yellow go to the yellow and brown, ploarity non issue. Once you connect the yellow to brown that brown circuit is also connected to chassis. I would also suggest running a separate ground wire from the engine case to the chassis. This will fix "funny" issues. Good Luck!

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
Thanks

I thank both of your posts. It's what I was thinking but wanted reassurance.
Thanks again.

Premium Features