• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo + Nitrous?

C

catmanm7

Nov 29, 2007
Sled 05 m7 with fresh 800 bb and 2876 turbo. Is it even worth putting Nos on. Only reason I ask, is because my cousin has a bottle and fill station and I am wondering if it even worth getting parts together and putting it on my sled.
Also, how would that work with my pure logic box, would I have to run another box altogether?
With the 2876, and gearing I didnt notice any bog or lag on the bottom, will NOS really do anything on the top end with a turbo? Or will it just help bottom end on turbos

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
IMO, not worth screwing with, want a little more on top? turn the boost up.. i have heard of a slick little idea that some have done. and it will act identical to nitrous, just cost about $10 and never run out.

there are 2 kinds of boost controlers, ones that are ball and spring and one thats a bleeder. the kind were gonna use in this idea is a bleeder.

what you do is T a line off your wastegate line and up to the bars, you need to figure out some sort of push button valve with a main jet as your release... you can adjust the amount it bleeds via jet size, or you can put a needle valve in it to make it easily adjustable/variable.. the idea is, when you push the button, extra pressure is released from the wastegate, and a set amount of boost is increase.. pow. acts like nitrous, but its a little simpler and cheaper.

think mechanical push to pass on boondocker setups.

Premium Features