• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking at new sled.. 2018 pro 800 155

motocrazy2006

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2011
Williamsburg, Iowa
Looking at upgrading this year.... what I'm looking at is a 2018 left over or low mile used or demo sled...

Those of you that bought 18s have you had issues? Did the axys bugs get weaned out?

Any major problems u had with your 18?

Granted I'm guessing TPS is still a problem but is it better? Hi y in group had a 16 and once it hit 1800 miles kept having the problem. Dealer adjusted it 2x and issues kept coming back, granted might of developed something else.. but it's traded off on a 850.

Coming off a '13 pro ride 800..

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
I picked up an 18 this last spring, have about 900 miles on it and have loved every minute of it. I feel they are a little more refined than even my '17. The shocks are valved much better and for some reason it makes a lot more power than my '17. I am still curious if they mapped them a bit leaner, but haven't had anyone in the know that can verify. The ECU has a different part number than the '16's and '17. I'm able to run 10-64's at 10,000', my '17 struggles with 10-62's. I ride with several friends all running SLP singles, my '18 pulls a bit stronger than all the piped sleds in stock form. I don't know if I just ended up with a fluke or if they all perform this well, I would highly recommend, haven't had any issues to date.

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN
Bought a 2018 late Jan/early Feb (maybe 300 mi.) - sold my '15 Pro 155 TD. The motor is much more refined. Very steady, and controllable roll out of the power. A little less bark. Don't know if it's the 3 stage exhaust valves, better programming or what. It feels significantly better/smoother. I put a straight/flat helix in the 15 to eliminate that hump at 5000 rpm. The '18's come with a straight/flat helix (no longer a two stage/multi angle). Suspension feels to be the same ride getting to and from the riding areas (trails). But it's mounted lower in the chassis so the tunnel is 1 or 2" higher. A little higher equates to easier pulling over in the soft snow, and less stable on corners in the trail. But in the end, I don't care much abt trail manners. I bought a deep snow sled. You will notice the changes right away. Very nice upgrade !

Last edited:
Premium Features