• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Code de7

D

DirtBoss

Mar 8, 2006
Lake Tapps, WA
13 800 Pro with SLP pipe, can, PC V, and SLP's clutching started throwing code de7 periodically while headed back to the snowpark yesterday. Ran flawless and without this code on numerous long wide open pulls. RPM's 8,000 to 8,200.

Any ideas Polaris guru's?

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
Witch gas plug are you using? Ethanol or non ethanol?
If you have the non ethanol plug in go with the ethanol plug. It will retard the timing just a touch and could fix your det problem.

D

DirtBoss

Mar 8, 2006
Lake Tapps, WA
Witch gas plug are you using? Ethanol or non ethanol?
If you have the non ethanol plug in go with the ethanol plug. It will retard the timing just a touch and could fix your det problem.

I'm running it on the non ethanol setting (adjustable via the gauge on the 13's) and running non ethanol 91. Good idea to switch it and see if that fixes my problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
I can get mine to do this when im screwing around on the trail listening to my damn blow off valve. Just something i can't do. Probably the same with your pipe and PCV probably tuned right untill you start blipping the throttle all retarded like on the trail. At least thats my take on it.

D

DirtBoss

Mar 8, 2006
Lake Tapps, WA
I can get mine to do this when im screwing around on the trail listening to my damn blow off valve. Just something i can't do. Probably the same with your pipe and PCV probably tuned right untill you start blipping the throttle all retarded like on the trail. At least thats my take on it.

I'm going to see if adding some midrange fuel will help with this as it is happening 3,500 ft and below.

Thanks for the help guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
I bet its because you are hitting the rev limiter on the hard pack trail. Either add more weight to your mtx weights or live with the potential for the det and bog on the trail... If you switch it to ethanol, it will add 5% fuel across your map making it richer(doesn't adjust timing), which potentially will help this situation, but it is because you are making less power. I would rather add a gram or two to your slp weights...

D

DirtBoss

Mar 8, 2006
Lake Tapps, WA
Update

Talked to SLP this morning and they are building a new map for this setup as other peeps are having the same issue.
According to them it is triggering the det sensor on decel below 3,500'.

J
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis Area
New to the Rush. Bought a 2010 600 for my son last year. We own 4 RMk 900's but this is the first rush. He came home today and said he got the de7 (det) code. You guys were talking about an eyhanol plug...what is that. All the gas around here has ethanol.

Thanks

S
Apr 3, 2014
De7 code

I was just cruising down the trail and got the de7 code. The sled then went into limp mode. Pulled over to check things out. Was playing around with clutch to make sure no weights were hung up. After a few minutes the clutch locked up solid. As anybody had this happen to them?

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Did you figure out what happened? this happened to me yesterday

Seems to be a unfortunate common issue with the pros, I my self am battling it - on off the throttle. Usually on or around the trail. However turbo'd., I've read everything from tps to fuel filter, to it picking up a metallic noise somewhere like the front exhaust mount. :juggle:

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
After reading all of the responses here, No one has mentioned checking or replaceing the fuel filter!!!! I burned one up thinking it was octane problems but was lean because of a restricted fuel filter. Cost me two pistons and gasket set last spring about this time. Old dogs can still learn new things--- fuel filter!!!
gtwitch in wyoming

Premium Features