• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

02 edge rmk mods

E
Jul 25, 2013
So two seasons ago I picked up a cherry 02 800 rmk 151 from a guy for next to nothing, didn't have spark, got it home and his replacement teather was incorrect and not pushing the button in for the kill switch, so that was easy, well it's been A backup/ friend sled last season and is a great sled, there is a decent chance at this point where I may have to ride this sled for part of this season until I can pick up a new Axys, so me being me I wanna play with this thing a little, first thing first is running boards, they suck, I'm trying to get a set of h&h custom tube boards right now to take care of that issue. Previous over installed some tall bars on it already that seem to work well enough, motor runs great, has v force reeds and a can, clutches are clean and have been well maintained but the front end of this sled is down in the dirt low, all of the older edge mods I see online sit up level in the front but I can't seem to find and info on what shocks are being used etc, I know if I raise the front I have to do some work on the read as well but can anyone point me in the right direction on the front end?

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
The springs control the height. Just tighten them up until you get the front end at the right height. Do not tamper with the running boards because they are nothing like the AXYS. The running board support for the AXYS comes from from the grip edge. The EDGE support strength comes entirely from the tunnel as the foot well cantilevers off of the tunnel. The EDGE's rounded grip edge carries coolant to and from the rear cooler, so you can't screw with those either.

E
Jul 25, 2013
Nooo I'm not saying I'm going to run Axys running boards, I was going to buy h&h customs tube running boards they make for these edge chassis sleds that still have the coolant tubes running thought them and are extremely rigid, I'm saying I'm going to buy a 16'-18' Axys rmk this winter I'm just not ready to yet so I will probably be riding my old edge for part of the season.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
No help on the front end I don't think. ???

But I doo know that one main trouble with that sled was the rear (center?) shock. I believe that it is a "falling rate" set-up, and the shock would fade away for him - and not trail riding either!

He tried a few things, and then settled on a Walker Evans unit that is likely still under it.

The sled usta start setting lower and lower in the back every time we would stop. It would quit rebounding to normal "set-in" height. After the W/E shock - it would sit proud and tall even by the end of the day.

Last edited:
Premium Features