• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'03 summit electrical issues

I've got an '03 summit adrenaline 600 ho, and I recently took the hood off to do some repairs after a minor wreck last season. We put the hood back on, plugged all the electrical back in, and now it's only reading in kilometers. The reset button won't change it, and I've tried unplugging/plugging stuff back in. Any ideas on how to get it back to reading miles?

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
That shouldn't electrical.

I assume that you have the speedo cable hooked to the wrong port on the back of the speedo. There should be two choices for those of you who bought Stateside*. 50/50 chance when hooking it up.

* All others likely are missing the MPH gear set, although there would still be the port.

H
Dec 6, 2007
Michigan
03 used a electronic pick up and wires for the speedo and odometer. My buddies 03 800 renegade has the same setup, i will ask him about it next time i see him.

The electronic sensor is located on the jackshaft in the same place where there used to be a cable in previous years. If you are getting a reading on the speedo, the sensor is good.

P

pyxle

Jan 27, 2008
Maple Valley, WA
Unplug the single wire connector

There is a one wire connector that is located next to the headlight, it only has one wire going in and out of it. If you plug it in, the speedo reads KMH, if you unplug it, the speedo reads MPH. Follow the wiring harness around the headlight and up to the speedo, somewhere in there is a one wire connector.

H
Jan 10, 2002
PF, Idaho
There is a one wire connector that is located next to the headlight, it only has one wire going in and out of it. If you plug it in, the speedo reads KMH, if you unplug it, the speedo reads MPH. Follow the wiring harness around the headlight and up to the speedo, somewhere in there is a one wire connector.

And its a black wire.

Last edited:

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
03 used a electronic pick up and wires for the speedo and odometer. My buddies 03 800 renegade has the same setup, i will ask him about it next time i see him.

The electronic sensor is located on the jackshaft in the same place where there used to be a cable in previous years. If you are getting a reading on the speedo, the sensor is good.

Allrighty then! :eek:

I would'a never guessed that they would'a changed something like that untill a chassis change. :confused:

M

mannix

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2008
Dunno if the plug was found, but on my 03 Summit, it is about 6" above the left side hood hinge - black wire and plug. Mine was reading in KM as well, unplugged, voila, like magic, back to MPH.

Iain

Premium Features