• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

94 ovation longer track

C
Nov 29, 2008
Easy to swap out the track ... I did a couple three years back ... 121" x 1.25' ripsaws donated from Nytros (switched to 144 back country) ...

if you are only going to 121" / 136" the easiest way is to add a short piece of aluminium at the ends of the rails so you can move the rear axel back .... same thing Yamaha did from the factory on the Enticer 410's and the original phazers ... can't remember if the ovation's had the 2.52" drivers so you might need the aftermarket drivers @ $40 to $50 / pair pressed onto the axel.

the Ovations with deeper lug and plastic skis worked great ... cheap / easy mod made a big difference

C
Nov 29, 2008
Ovation track was odd size at 108" - can't remember if it was the 2.52" pitch - not worth the effort to try to relocate / drop drive shaft ... stock can probably manage a 1.5" lug maybe a bit more ... 1.25" lug had no issues with clearance.

C
Nov 29, 2008
I couldn't recall if I had to change out the drivers. The 121 x 1.25 ripsaw plus a set of plastic skins made a huge difference to the Ovations ... Lots more floatation and better hook up let it go more places especially for young riders. We also modes the boards to be stiffer an give more traction which helped and dropped the rear end another 1.5 inches.

B
Jan 26, 2013
I have the 8 tooth drivers from my mm hanging around if you want them, cheap. They are for the 1" hex axles. It should give you plenty of clearance to put whatever that sled is capable of turning on it.

G
Jan 26, 2014
Backwoods, the ovation does have a 1 inch hexagonal axle which is a good start. But what is the outside diameter of your sprockets? Also, what is the length of the track on your mountain max, or what was the pitch because your drivers will be the same as the track?

Last edited:
G
Jan 26, 2014
So, if an Ovation is a 108 inch track which has 3.29 pitch drivers which are 5.5 inches in diameter, and you want to go to 121 or 136 inch track, which is 2.52 pitch, then the easiest place to start would be to keep your current 1 inch hexagonal drive shaft and find new 5.5 inch diameter drivers that are 2.52 pitch, am I correct? I am asking because I have no experience in this, but am also interested in a similar mod. If this is correct, then is it possible that the drivers(sprockets) off of a Bravo LT or a Phazer LT which I believe are 136 inch, might be the 5.5 inch, 2.52 pitch, 1 inch hex hole, that you are looking for. Is there anyone out there with a stock 136 Bravo or Phazer that can measure the outside diameter of their drivers and the diameter of the hex driveshaft to confirm that these will work?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Talk to Robbi Hollman at Avid Products. He will be of great help to you.

C
Nov 29, 2008
So, if an Ovation is a 108 inch track which has 3.29 pitch drivers which are 5.5 inches in diameter, and you want to go to 121 or 136 inch track, which is 2.52 pitch, then the easiest place to start would be to keep your current 1 inch hexagonal drive shaft and find new 5.5 inch diameter drivers that are 2.52 pitch, am I correct? I am asking because I have no experience in this, but am also interested in a similar mod. If this is correct, then is it possible that the drivers(sprockets) off of a Bravo LT or a Phazer LT which I believe are 136 inch, might be the 5.5 inch, 2.52 pitch, 1 inch hex hole, that you are looking for. Is there anyone out there with a stock 136 Bravo or Phazer that can measure the outside diameter of their drivers and the diameter of the hex driveshaft to confirm that these will work?

Yes. You will need 2,52" drivers for the drive shaft to start. Kimpex had them for about $22.00 per driver. Once u find the diner track u will need to centre the replacement drivers to suit. Royal Distributing has / had them listed.

E

extremeattack

Nov 26, 2007
Gillette, Wy
Well I ended up putting a 131" Indy Light skid under the Ovation. Used the the shaft and drivers out of a Phazer. I used the back section of the Phazer to extend the tunnel looks good. Clutching is the question now starting with stock Ovation clutches or swap out to the Phazer clutch set up. I checked and compared the gearing between the Phazer and the Ovation. The Ovation is lower geared.

Premium Features