• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

$300 reward for anyone who can make this part!

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I doubt engineering sulooshions are going to be takin vary seeryusly if the person submitting them cannot spell basic words.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
so in the title of this post you are looking for someone to come up with a solution and you were willing to pay $300 for that part, but now you are the manufacturer? I'm confused. did you use this guys drawing and idea? apparently he thinks so for the $85 posted above. maybe its joke and you guys are buddys.

Anyway, this does appear to be a much better design to strengthen the driveshaft and that is good.

I did not ask for a solution, I described the solution and he made a drawing of what I described. No CNC shop has any interest in making a one off for the amount of money I would be willing to pay.

I was contacted by a CNC shop that said he could make them, so the only way I could get what I wanted was to commit to buying a bunch and trying to recoup the investment.

I don't know sledneck03, and scroll to the bottom of his post, he was joking.

send me a drawing !

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Yikes, glad I scrolled all the way to the bottom! :face-icon-small-sho Thanks for interpreting what I was describing. I'm sure your drawing made it much easier for everyone to visulaize what I was describing. Thanks! Just to clarify, the part being made is not from sledneck_03's drawing.

I have no access to a cnc, I have my CAD/CAM so i have taken cnc courses and made some stuff on a cnc but i currently work at a Engineering firm, I use to work at a manufacturing facility and they had a CNC tubing laser.

as for that drawing i did, it has ZERO measurements, i just free handed it, It was just something i did cause i was board and was to show and better visual. If i had a driveshaft i could measure it up correctly. But it looks like you have a fab shop helping you out.

Last edited:
S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
I doubt engineering sulooshions are going to be takin vary seeryusly if the person submitting them cannot spell basic words.

Engineers cant spell. They use NUMBERS. My one boss is professional engineer and his spelling like mine is terrible. It is also hard to spell when you type in caps lock everyday and rely on spell check.

D
A well designed, engineered clamp system will be available in the next 24 hours. We have been hard at work for many days. These solutions take a bit of time to produce. It is great that so many have jumped in and started the ball rolling on a solution. This is a culmination of a lot of peoples efforts.
A new product has to be designed, engineered, manufactured, tested and then produced in adequate quantity's and in a time frame that solves the issues and concerns of the consumer. We are confident that a permanent solution from Polaris will be providedvery soon. However, until that happens we have to have the security that we will make it back to our vehicle at the end of the day.
Sorry for the delays BUT.....a huge amount of work has been accomplished in a very short time frame. Our facility is a state of the art aero space product facility that can produce extremely high quality engineered products in a short time frame. More to come this afternoon. I will get some photos up today.

R

R44guy

Oct 8, 2008
MN
www.mnhelicopters.com
A well designed, engineered clamp system will be available in the next 24 hours. We have been hard at work for many days. These solutions take a bit of time to produce. It is great that so many have jumped in and started the ball rolling on a solution. This is a culmination of a lot of peoples efforts.
A new product has to be designed, engineered, manufactured, tested and then produced in adequate quantity's and in a time frame that solves the issues and concerns of the consumer. We are confident that a permanent solution from Polaris will be providedvery soon. However, until that happens we have to have the security that we will make it back to our vehicle at the end of the day.
Sorry for the delays BUT.....a huge amount of work has been accomplished in a very short time frame. Our facility is a state of the art aero space product facility that can produce extremely high quality engineered products in a short time frame. More to come this afternoon. I will get some photos up today.

Please give me some more information about your product and some pricing.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
You would be better off building an entirely new driveshaft. 1.25 or 1.5 hex aluminum. And have the splines machined in the end. You would have to use different drivers but it could work. or you could go chromoly and have it drilled to be hollow.

Aluminum Hex
http://www.onlinemetalsupply.com/al...luminum-hex-bar-1-125-diameter-x-48-long.html

In aluminum a good shop could machine the splines on a machining center in under 30 min per shaft. They would need to turn the shaft first in a turning center and that would be less than a minute per shaft once setup.

So in an hour they could machine 2 shafts. The material is about $10.

Premium Features