• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

humming noise and winds out at 35

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
07 M8 (stock) is making a humming noise as I accelerate, I can feel it in my feet also. At about 30-35 it starts to wind up like it is time to shift but it doesn't. When I get off the throttle, it decelerates like it would if I was at a slow speed. It has a new belt (250 miles or so) and doesn't appear to be worn. I grabbed the diamond drive and tried to rotate it and it has a lot of play, like 2 0r 3" both directions. Should it have any movement or play like that at all? I need a little direction and insight if possible. Thank you.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
You will have a little rotating play in the secondary clutch or diamond drive. But it really isn't play. It is the drivers rotating from one side of your track windows to the other side.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
You will have a little rotating play in the secondary clutch or diamond drive. But it really isn't play. It is the drivers rotating from one side of your track windows to the other side.

I have more than play I think. It turns. :)

Haven't done anything to it yet.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
I thought I would put an end to the wondering and trying to figure it out. It was the bearing in the DD. Just started to tear apart, it didn't explode to pieces.

Premium Features