• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alpine or Trask turbo

partsman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Vancouver B.C.
Has anybody tried the alpine or trask low boost turbo kit.They claim 220 HP and run with the powderlites and mcexpress kits.I looked at the trask kit and it looked good.It has a complete header from the motor back a 2860 ballbearing turbo thats good for max 300 HP and intercooler.I think I am intrested.Any thoughts.

Thanks Steve

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
They rock:face-icon-small-hap, very clean top to bottom, super fast throttle response with stock compression. I rode one in Revy a couple weeks ago, it was a 2010 162 Nytro, completely stock, except the turbo kit of course.

T
Sep 7, 2008
2010 nytro

I have a 2010 nytro with a alpine kit no problems everything fit very good. throttle response is excellent and have run 10 psi of boost no problem. Considering doing another one for myself since this one was for my kid!!

W
Jan 4, 2009
I would run Alpine any day.I have one on my RX1, and never an issue since I installed it. The customer service is #1, and any help is always there when needed.
They are a Yamaha dealer also, so they know the sleds in and out as well.
My 2 cents anyway.

I

IRONMAN

Nov 26, 2007
Has anybody tried the alpine or trask low boost turbo kit.They claim 220 HP and run with the powderlites and mcexpress kits.I looked at the trask kit and it looked good.It has a complete header from the motor back a 2860 ballbearing turbo thats good for max 300 HP and intercooler.I think I am intrested.Any thoughts.

Thanks Steve

I rode one alpine had put together and was VERY impressed! It ran very clean, and the throttle response, due to the stock compression, was better then any rear mount I have ever rode. They had it working great at 8lbs of boost when I was on it and the power was even a suprise to me. I expected it to be lazy and gutless and it was the opposite, real nice setup:face-icon-small-hap.

Premium Features