• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Thank You From MC-XPRESS USA

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
A

APEXXPRESS

Nov 28, 2007
www.mcxpressusa-orders.com
MC-XPRESS USA at The Intermountain Snowmobile Show In SLC

<TABLE style="BACKGROUND: url(/i/pagebackground.png) no-repeat" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=center>
image1.jpg
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Come see us at the Intermountain Snowmobile Show October 26-27, 2012

We will be showing some of our Custom MC-XPRESS Turbo Yamahas

There will be Show Specials on MC-XPRESS Turbo kits at the Show.

Many new Mountain Custom Turbo Sled Parts on display

I will be showing a all new Proto Type Turbo kit I have been working on

Special Guest In our Booth This Year !

Patrick Saunders From

ATVPTFrontPage400Sticker.jpg
DSC03623.jpg
<TABLE style="BACKGROUND: url(/i/pagebackground.png) no-repeat" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>

Intermountain Snowmobile Show

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=10>
spacer.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=date>October 26-27, 2012

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=50>
spacer.gif

A

APEXXPRESS

Nov 28, 2007
MC-XPRESS USA at The Intermountain Snowmobile Show In SLC

Mark Leipheimer & Patrick Saunders

Well, Mark and I attended the SLC Intermountain Snow Show that was put on by SnoWest and their Sponsors this weekend. This was my first snow show ever, and it was very busy all weekend.

I think the previous dusting of snow made people get the itch even more so to start getting ready for this years snowmobile season. We arrived early Friday morning and worked hard to get our booth set up with all our wares, Turbo-Sleds, and the new Yamaha Turbo Bike that Mark has been working on. This bike is not quite ready for release yet but stand by for some up to date testing, and a completion date on this bike. Judging by the number of people that looked at this bike over the weekend I am sure Mark will have a waiting list of interested buyers for this product.

As soon as the doors opened on Friday afternoon, the people never stopped coming until they were told everyday that the show was over. We had people in our booth from many other states besides Utah. Montana, Colorado, & Wyoming were some of the places that people were coming from just to attend this show in SLC. The snow craze has long fingers and has affected many, myself being one of those. This was a good chance for me to talk to some of the manufacturers that will be participating in my Yamaha Nytro turbo build project this season (http://www.atvpt.com/2012fxnytromtxturbobuild.htm). Leipheimer Yamaha, Simmons, Camoplast, ZBroz Racing, Between The Lines Designs, are some of the companies that will be a part of our build project, and we are very honored that these people will be apart this project this season. Look forward to more on this project shortly.

During the show I managed to make my way around and see some of what was being offered for the sledders and I was really pleased that there was something for everyone. The big 4 was represented in full force, and I am not sure which company out did themselves, but all I can say is Yamaha, Arctic Cat, Ski-Doo and Polaris are all out in force this season. Follow closely because there will be new, and improved products coming very soon for you in 2013
wink.gif

Basically you could completely outfit yourself, your kids, and also your partner, at this show. There was everything from sleds to avalanche gear on display, and something for everyone.​

Our booth was composed of MCXpress Turbo Kits, to anything used to accessorize your Yamaha snowmobile. I guess if you missed us, you can always give Mark a call at Leipheimer Yamaha (406-782-4225) or check online at www.montanayamaha.com if you have any questions about MCXpress Snowmobile Turbo's, or Yamaha snowmobiles.​

All I can say it was a very busy 2 days and I glad to be back home, but I am very grateful for having the opportunity to make new friends at this show. I am sure we will see more of each other, either at the shows, or in the outback pursuing our common passion of mountain snowmobiling. So irregardless of what brand of sled you ride, get out there and enjoy the great outdoors. Make sure you are prepared before you go, attend an Avalanche program, and make sure your sled is ready too.​

Ride safe, ride sober, and introduce a friend to snowmobiling this season.​

Last edited:
A

APEXXPRESS

Nov 28, 2007
Updated Nytro Trail Tank

Seth at Trail Tank sent over one of his new Tanks for us see.
He came to our shop twice this summer to discuss new ideas
Now it uses OEM Yamaha Hood and side pannel fastners.
Also has a deeper channel for the MCX fuel return hose.

Can't wait to install to see how it fits.

PICT0002.jpg

PICT0003.jpg

PICT0005.jpg

PICT0006-1.jpg

A

APEXXPRESS

Nov 28, 2007
www.ATVPT.com

All Terrain Vehicle Product Tests ATV Technical Magazine

• <!-- ParagraphBodyStart -->

<!-- ParagraphBodyEnd -->
<!-- ParagraphEnd 892914027 --><!-- ParagraphStart 892905261 -->
<!-- ParagraphTitleStart --><!-- ParagraphTitleEnd -->

<!-- ParagraphBodyStart -->

Patrick Saunders / ATVPT.com Founder

Up to this time I have never owned nor built a 4 stroke snowmobile. Everything has been geared to riding 2 strokes for flat land, and also mountain sledding. You just can't beat the quick response of a 2 stroke sled, but in the same token I cannot deal with the immediate depreciation you get when you own a 2 stroke sled. Let's face it, how many 2 stroke atv's, side by sides, or even cars to you see motoring around these days, enough said!​

So, many may think I have come over to the dark side, but 4 stroke sleds are the future of sledding and they are here to stay. Not only do they hold their resale value, but they are also better for the environment too. Yes you have to deal with the extra weight, but the installation of the turbo should help off set the weight some, and give us plenty of grunt to tackle almost any hill that I am brave enough to climb. The stock turbo set up is rated at 180hp, but we have some plans to take this motor to the 270+ HP range very soon. My master sled mechanic and good friend Mark Leipheimer from Leipheimer Yamaha in Butte Montana has been working on these Yamaha sleds for many years. He is no stranger to working on Turbo-ed Snowmobiles, Mark is the MCXpress Snowmobile Turbo Distributor for the USA.​

Some of the issues we have experienced with the Yamaha MTX Nytro Mountain sled version are, claimed heavy weight (mainly because of the 4 stroke engine), poor handling (steering geometry is off somewhat for effective side hilling), poor range(small 7.4 gallon gas tank), and lack of power. You would think that this would deter someone from riding this style of sled, but not to worry this a challenge that we are up to!​

First of all the Turbo should fix that lack of power, and should help to haul that extra weight across the snow. I guess I can shed a few pounds, so that might help the weight issue some, right :). We can install a larger gas tank or just carry some extra gas to help with more effective range in the mountains. We will change up the ski's to give us better flotation and handling, plus we will install an aftermarket a-arm kit that will help us with easier side hilling, and better carving.​

So, we have our work cut out for us, and I look forward to getting into this project build. I hope you join us and follow along as The Montana & Wyoming boys do some modifications to this Yamaha MTX Nytro 162 sled.​

<!-- Start of StatCounter Code --><NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT><!-- End of StatCounter Code --><!-- ParagraphBodyEnd -->

<!-- ParagraphEnd 892905261 --><!-- ParagraphStart 899514356 -->

My first test ride of the 2012 Yamaha Nytro Turbo sled with most of the major modifications finished.
But wait, there is more coming..........
cool.gif

<!-- ParagraphEnd 899514356 --><!-- ParagraphStart 892905247 -->

2012 Yamaha FX Nytro MTX 162
Turbo Build Project

Yamaha's 180HP Turbo Kit

<!-- ParagraphEnd 892905247 --><!-- ParagraphStart 892914651 -->

<!-- ParagraphBodyStart -->A-Arms, Steering, Front Suspension & Accessories:

<!-- ParagraphEnd 892914651 --><!-- ParagraphStart 892914961 -->

<!-- ParagraphBodyStart -->Preferred AVI Gear:

<!-- ParagraphEnd 892914961 --><!-- ParagraphStart 892915137 -->

Preferred Sledding Apparel:

CKX Mountain Snowmobile Apparel
http://www.atvpt.com/2013ckxmountainapparel.htm

<!-- ParagraphEnd 892915137 --><!-- ParagraphStart 896613725 -->

<!-- ParagraphBodyStart -->Clutching, CVT Belts & Turbo Intake Hoses

<!-- ParagraphEnd 896613725 --><!-- ParagraphStart 892914933 -->

<!-- ParagraphBodyStart -->Racks, Bumpers, etc.

Holz Racing Products HRP IQ Gas Rack
http://www.atvpt.com/hrprearsnowmobilerack.htm

<!-- ParagraphEnd 892914933 --><!-- ParagraphStart 896602926 -->

<!-- ParagraphBodyStart -->Rear Suspension & Accessories:

<!-- ParagraphEnd 896602926 --><!-- ParagraphStart 892914687 -->

<!-- ParagraphBodyStart -->Skis:

Note: Shoot off comparison between the Simmons Gen 3 mountain Skis and the CA Pro MTX Skis.

<!-- ParagraphEnd 892914687 --><!-- ParagraphStart 895919563 -->

<!-- ParagraphBodyStart -->Tracks & Drivers:

<!-- ParagraphEnd 895919563 --><!-- ParagraphStart 896661890 -->

<!-- ParagraphBodyStart -->Miscellaneous Camera Accessories, Mounts, Etc.

Powr-Grip Portable Adventure Light Kit with Helmet Light
http://www.atvpt.com/powrgripportablelight.htm

<!-- ParagraphEnd 896661890 --><!-- ParagraphStart 892914945 -->

<!-- ParagraphBodyStart -->Turbo upgrades:

<!-- ParagraphEnd 892914945 --><!-- ParagraphStart 892906001 -->

All work on this project build is performed by Master Yamaha Mechanic, Mark Leipheimer at Leipheimer Yamaha in Butte MT

Leipheimer Yamaha
121000 Browns Gulch Road
Butte, Montana USA 59701​

Phone: 406-782-4225
Fax: 406-782-2430​

Store Hours
9AM - 6PM Monday to Friday

Closed Saturday and Sunday

Click Map to Enlarge

We are also the USA distributor for MC XPRESS TURBO KITS

<!-- ParagraphEnd 892906001 -->

<TABLE width="100%"><TBODY><TR width="100%"><TD width="100%" align=center>

Last edited:
A

APEXXPRESS

Nov 28, 2007
Yamaha Motor Corp Build

We Built and Tested this 2013 Nytro with the Yamaha 180 Hp Turbo Kit for Craig Gagne of Yamaha Motor Corp.
I did make some changes on this Build with some of my Special Parts

PICT0151_zps25b4f2e2.jpg

PICT0121_zps3b84e54e.jpg

Premium Features