• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How to Fix 900/700 Big Block Oil pump return spring

T
Oct 23, 2008
Hey guys, I'm looking for someone who has fixed their weak oil pump return spring. I've already added FBF's new cable, cleaned the crap out of my oil pump spring, but the spring is still too weak to return the oil pump to the idle position.

Has anyone added a second return spring? If so do you have a pics of it?

Has anyone wrapped the stock spring on the oil pump an extra turn? If so, what is the easiest way to wrap it around one more time?

Thanks,

ToU

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
i added a spring to mine. i made a little bracket and attached it to the bottom bolt on the reed cage bolt then hooked a lite spring from there to the pump. but as a note i think your oil pump is bad. cause mine was doing the same thing that is why i added the spring. but it was still using alot of oil so i changed the pump and it worked fine. i kept the spring on there for added safety but didn't need it

T
Oct 23, 2008
Thanks guys, I guess i'll just go try and find a spring the correct length and try that. If i'm still using too much oil, i guess i'll have to spring for the oil pump too.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
My buddies was hanging up a little so I sprayed it with PB Blaster, worked the lever a few times and it's been fine ever since.

Premium Features