• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Project SS: Skinny Sled

fgauvin7

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2012
voted too! feel free to give us more detail on your build!

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
I think its amazing what was done here. Look at how minimalist this is and it still weighs 410lbs. Pretty impressive what the new stock sleds weigh in comparison. I really think some sort of v twin type engine is the next step in a skinny type sled.

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Skinny sled

Possibly.
You'd think this thread would have been removed if that was the case.

I'd like to see him post an update.
I think he did very good job.

Last edited:

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
More

The gen 4 850 has secondary above the tunnel.......

There's more to this whole design, something that is still missing. I suppose
at some point this (thing) that is missing will get factored in. I have seen one post recently that has asked the right question. Clear as mud? When this (thing) is seen by more people or, talked about someone from the sled community will build a whole new
snowmobile. It will have a much better balance be more compact and,,, under 400 lbs.
I think the big four are already working on it,, this (thing) is not new, they all did it before. I know, some will say it won't work because of this or that but, the same thing was said about belt drive systems and so on. I so want to build a sled with this (thing)
because it will be a game changer... I don't have much in the way of fab skills but do have vision. This (thing) came to me back last summer just surfing snowest and hardcore sledder, just looking at sled parts. If not by me, somebody will get it figured out and build it. The thing is, one mountain chassis can be built, with different
mounting points for different brand parts to mount what ever engine and body to this chassis. Sure to do that, some of the hard points will be slightly different but not enough to make the whole concept hard to build. Project SS is close, that's the cool thing... I also see a new final drive system.

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
he did have this sled at the salt lake snow show this year ,it is very well built and very skinny . great work

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I think Polaris has one on the snow. They've GOT to.
As I've heard it said, they bought Timbersled and are trying to figure out the whole snowbike vs snowmobile thing...and the skinny sled is going to be somewhere in between.

I suspect the skinny sled is a hybrid and will be marketed as the NEXT NEW THING.
And it's no snowhawk.

Last edited:
Premium Features