• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'11,'12 Pros need running board help!

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
Gman once you do something about those stock boards you will find that your legs have all kinds of extra energy at the end of the day and your boots last a couple seasons because you are no longer kicking the @HIT out of your boards. Just a few slides across the cleats and an occasional kick in the toe box area with the BB's

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Airframes and be done with it. Like $2-250 diff over the other inserts/boards. In our heavier wet snow NOTHING works like Airframes. Stock boards are a bad joke on us. Talked to a Polaris employee who has a LOT of time on a 2013. Says I will still need to put on Airframes if I want that kind of performance. Idaho, Utay, Montana, Wyoming riders will be fine but not the NW and BC riders. Very easy install on the 13, no cutting.

M
Jan 22, 2009
Rock Springs, WY
FCR..the UHMW I used..actually did strengthen my boards..it is pretty much the strongest of the plastics..havent found but 1 glue that works with it(it is a special adhesive tape that 1 manufacturer installs on its type of uhmw..)but it did stiffenen mine enough to be noticable (I have to add that I did my tunnel reinforcements first and they stiffened the boards alot(stopped the boards from flexing the tunnel sides when they flex)..but once installed a few weeks later, the uhmw did make a noticable difference as well..)

I know a glue that will work perfectly for your application. Its a special urethane used in auto glass applications on aluminum bodied cars like audi and vw's. Just go to an auto glass shop and they can help you prep it and then shoot a little bit on there and it will never come off. It might be cheaper than the tape and it will add strength and it will NEVER come off.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Good job on those! Where do you purchase the UHMW? Did you just use adhesive or did you rivit also? What wrap did you use on the tunnel?

We got our inserts from Madsigntist here on the forum.

BTW, I have a HD set of Better Boards and a set of '12 stock board supports for sale.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Good job on those! Where do you purchase the UHMW? Did you just use adhesive or did you rivit also? What wrap did you use on the tunnel?
I ended up not using any glue, mine are simply rivited on..havent been an issue, the UHMW I purchased locally...as for the tunnel sides..those arnt a wrap, they are an aluminum tunnel reinforcment I make...(they have been powder coated to help with snow sticking)...

Premium Features