• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

IQR with 146 Assault track? anyone done this?

I

IdahoPowderHound

Jul 3, 2008
Alpine Wyoming
thinking of changing my track on my '05 IQR from a 155" down to the 146" Assault track. Anyone done this? I already have exit shocks in the rear and would probly go with stock rails. Any info would be great thanks

B

BIGMEATS

Oct 29, 2008
Warman, SK
I am doing a 07 iqr with an assault tunnel and track. I am just waiting for my driveshaft to show up then i will beable to install the track and see what I have for clearance etc. I am hoping next weekend I will have it together and can get some pics for you.

B

BIGMEATS

Oct 29, 2008
Warman, SK
Not with lowered front end (shortend shocks, holz front end) and 144 RMK skid set back 1-1/2"s. Stock skid and front end yes it would have been a trencher.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Having an Assault, I love the track. The trick on the trenching is throttle control and tightening up the limiter strap the the 3rd (tightest) position. It helps on the attack angle. Nothing to do with the track, the track is awesome, spring snow is the greatest.

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
Stuck the assault track under my 05 iqr with ice age 144 rails and 7 tooth 2.86 combo drivers. had to move the skid back about 1.5 inches. I have about 1 inch of clearance to the front cooler and tons of clearance in the tunnel. I still have the stock front end on it and will see how it does this year. I dont ride in bottomless powder so i dont really have a problem with trenchin, that just means more traction! lol

I built up one last year with an assault track and rear skid. Trenches a bit, but with the right suspension set up its good to go( lower front end is key... as is getting the rear shock softened a bit) Love the track, especially on wind buff and spring snow(we get lots of that on the divide of colorado)

A
Dec 21, 2008
So do you have to relocate the skid to fit the track or was that just to get more clearance? I have a 121x2 now with plenty of clearance, not sure what drivers i have now though...

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
So do you have to relocate the skid to fit the track or was that just to get more clearance? I have a 121x2 now with plenty of clearance, not sure what drivers i have now though...

I relocated the skid cuz my adjusters were all the way out and the track was not tight. Im using 144 rails and 7 tooth drivers which r about an inch in diameter smaller than the stock 9 tooth 2.52s. 2" longer track + 1" smaller driver = 3"/2 = 1.5" skid setback.

U would have to find out what drivers u r using. If its a 121 its most likely 2.52 drivers. U need 2.86 drivers to use the assault track and u would want to use either 8 tooth or 7 tooth depending on the clearance that u want.

Hope this helps!:face-icon-small-coo

B

BIGMEATS

Oct 29, 2008
Warman, SK
I had the assault track under my sled with 8 tooth 2.86 drivers and using the 144 rails is why I had to sent the skid back because the rails are shorter then the factory assault rails. Which helps with approach angle. Ended up with 1/2 clearance to the cooler and top of the tunnel. Going to run it like that for now and later switch up to the new style 7 tooth avid drivers. I since removed the assault track and sold it before it even hit the snow. Now sporting a camo extreme 2.5x146 notice my install of a Raw tunnel on the IQR bulkhead. Had to build custom boards but it all worked out perfectly.

iqr mod 003.jpg

Premium Features