• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 M1200 coolant issue

S
Aug 7, 2008
I have a 07 M1000 with a big bore 1200 kit. My sled began to drink about a half a gallon of coolant every time i ride. The coolant ends up in the crank and cylinders, it also blows out of my intake. I have replaced both the base gasket and o-rings. I rode the last five times with this problem and parked it. With winter just around the corner i was hoping to get some input before i go back to tearing it apart. I think that my crank could possibly be going out and i have heard that it would do this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

smoothdawg

Premium Member
Apr 7, 2008
Spokane, WA.
I am curious about the out come of your problem as my 07 M1000 is leaking coolant into both cylnders and crank case as well. Dustin at SLP suggested looking for leaks in three spots, O-rings in head, base gaskets, and water pump housing. I made the mistake of pulling the heads and cylnders off, O-rings and gaskets looked good. Should have had a leak down test done first. If your motor is still together I would recommend starting there. Dustin also said the anti-freeze is corrosive on the crank bearings and guaranteed me if the sled was his he'd pull the crank to check the bearings. Best of luck! Be sure and post what you find as I will to. My sled is going to the dealer next Tuesday so I should know more by the end of next week hopefully.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Could be a cracked head or cylinder. If it is an after-market head with inserts the o-rings on the inserts could be leaking too.

S
Aug 7, 2008
the head and cylinders are fine, i have torn it down three times in search of this problem. Did not pressure check it, but i will do that first, also have not checked the water pump i will look into that. I would love to hear what the dealer finds with your sled that could be very helpful for my situation.

Premium Features