• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 Ski-Doo Summit X with Expert Package - My Thoughts

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
Do you have to pay snowest for allowing you to advertise?

I understand your job is to promote the manufactures products, and by posting your videos on the forums, doing so to generate "views" on the media, thereby increasing your "value" as it relates to social media, to the manufacturers that are paying you to advertise their products.
Just figured snowest should be getting ad revenue also.

Just curious

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008

I understand your job is to promote the manufactures products, and by posting your videos on the forums, doing so to generate "views" on the media, thereby increasing your "value" as it relates to social media, to the manufacturers that are paying you to advertise their products.

Just curious
Ask Dave to buy you a drink.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I have complained about this before several times... I know everyone says Dave is a real nice swell guy (what Canadian isn't it?). He litters the forums after the spring release with 25 posts on the front page about how cool the new snow flap, beanie, Ski Doo dog toy or whatever he is trying to pitch. I would HOPE Ski Doo pays for him to post here because god for bid you try to post in one of Paul's post that you have something to sell (that you bought from him and don't want) that he doesn't even have in stock. They will delete your post instantly when Paul cries. This forum is great and all and I paid for a life time membership but you're definitely not free to post what you want. Christopher can say what he wants but he definitely gives special treatment to those that he does business with or kicks him free stuff or whatever it is they do to get on his favorable side...

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com

Just curious

That is on a need to know basis, the question is why did you click on this post, just put me on ignore and it all goes away. Hope you get out riding. Cheers dave

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Who is this crybaby Paul?

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
That is on a need to know basis, the question is why did you click on this post, just put me on ignore and it all goes away. Hope you get out riding. Cheers dave

Testy! Perhaps he wanted to see your thoughts Dave? Why can't a guy ask if you pay to post here? Not to mention he is a paying member of the forum... I don't see any Polaris Ambassadors posting in the Polaris forums so I think it was a fair question to ask. People get their feelings hurt here way too easy...

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Advertising is a wear item. Therefore it is not covered by Doo.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Dave, I'm still debating on whether you get more grief on snowest or trump gets more grief from the Democrats. People were wondering why no ambassadors are on here. Now you know.

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
I personally like daves info on the new releases and I don't believe everything he says. he is by far the best ambassador ski doo has except if you factor in the way Ashley looks than than dave is in second place

8emup

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Utah
Let's get back to the topic on the sled and the changes. Has the cooler changed in anyway compared to the 2019's? Is it in anyway more efficent?

Twistgrip

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2012
I personally like daves info on the new releases and I don't believe everything he says. he is by far the best ambassador ski doo has except if you factor in the way Ashley looks than than dave is in second place

I agree with you, I've been away from Ski-Doo for 11 years now. Just ordered a 2020 Freeride 146 with shot so I'm reading everything and anything to get knowledge up from all you guy's on this site. Lots of info and the g4 sled is all new for me. Gonna be a long summer.

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
Expert

I’ve seen where they claim the new Ski Doo spindles are copies of the Zollinger spindles. Anyone know if that’s true? I have an 18 free ride with Zollinger spindles and a arms with the dura pro dampers and cheetah handle bars with lower riser. If this is similar to the expert upgrades minus the short tunnel. There are going to be a lot of disappointed people. The AXY is still light years better in technical terrain then my Free Ride the way it is set up.

Let Dave post his info it’s not hurting anyone. Don’t read his posts if they bother you.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Let's get back to the topic on the sled and the changes. Has the cooler changed in anyway compared to the 2019's? Is it in anyway more efficent?

More efficient? It has not changed as far as cooling, the sled runs like a 154 or 146 tunnel which cools better than a 175, and because of the longer track there is more snow turning up, so even though most is evacuated enough goes back in, again I am not here to say the expert wont get hot, if you ride hard rocky dirt trails right from your truck, but on the trail I have found it to be the same as another 154 g4, I rarely run my snow flap on my removable, but if the trail is icy and hard i throw it on as it is always better to run it cooler than warmer. Many people said it wont cool or will always over height and that has never been my experience with it which is why I talked about it and again if you want you can purchase a snowflap accessory now, I will have one even though 90% of the time I wont need it. Hope that helps.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Is the tunnel really different other than being flat where the snow flap bolts up?

Yes in a few other place without getting into it, previous bumpers wont work on it either...I have mentioned a few things including the cast bumpers for the ski racks which i will want to work so they are now working with that and other bumpers. The point is it is not just an older 17-19 left over bumper as some thought, it was specifically made for the intended purpose. cheers dave

8emup

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Utah
Can we define what hot is? is that 150, 170,180

In spring time icy trail conditions doing everything I can to keep my Polaris cool I often see 180. That's with two set of scratchers. One on rails and one on skis. That thing isn't a good spring time sled. It just has small cooler I guess.

Most of the winter my 2019 Summit has run what I consider very cool 107 to 112. We had a lot of great snow here in Utah so no icy trails to get to high elevation. It was most powder from the parking lot.

This past Sunday I ran up the trail no snow flap in in 4 inches of very heavy snow. It was 32 degrees out side. I was the first person up the trail no tracks and my sled ran 148 to 152 with scratchers down, no Flap. It didn't matter whether I went slow or fast or even tried to spin my track on the sides. It was a very consistent 148. That was 4 inches of heavy snow and honestly I was surprise it was that hot. As soon as I put the snow flap on it went down to 124 to 128. Still warmer than I expected. It seems that the heavy snow won't spin up into the cools too easily.

Once I got to the top and really started running off trail in about 7 inches of new heavy snow I was back down to the normal 107 to 112 with no snow flap on.

I realize Ski doo will make a snow flap for the expert but without that I'd be concerned running up a dirt trial as Dave said it was going into Mt Baker or possibly an icy trail.

Other than that small concern I love the look of the new sled.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I don't run snow flaps on my sleds at all. They are needed ALOT less than people think. If it's rock hard ice anything is going to get a bit hot. If you are worried about it then I would do as Dave suggests and get the add on. And if you are having problems always over heating you need to quit lying to your friends and family and tell them you are a trail rider not a back country rider like you wish you were. :face-icon-small-dis

Premium Features