• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AcPc M800 Leaking cooling fluid

D
Apr 7, 2016
2013 M800 leaking cooling fluid. This comes and goes. When the sled is overheated due to loss of liquid and i open the cap for filling you can hear a «pssssshhhh» from below. Just like its sucking air. And during filling, after running engine for sirculation, it pushes liquid out from below. Sometimes i have to refill as much as 1,5 gallons in one batch. Any idea where the liquid is going?

Storskogen

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2014
Sweden
Simplified:
White smoke from engine = into engine.
Pool on floor = outside engine.

De-ice sled and dry the floor. Locate where the coolant comes down on to the floor. Check all the hoses for wear and tear.

Link to coolant schematics: https://www.blwpartsfiche.com/snowmobile/Parts/index.php?year=2013&modelID=1716&assyID=120256

Check cooler in front of track, something might have been thrown with track on to cooler and broke it.

Remove skid-/bulkplate and check if there is coolant, might be a bad hoseclamp.

If nothing is seen after a night in the garage, start the engine and let it get warm, that will build up a little preassure in the system and might help you locate the problem.

On 2012 models they changed the first 0,5m running up to the filler cap with a black hose because the clear hose was prone to break. Check that, maybe i has broke even if the newer version.

M800 -13, Speedwerx full exhaust, PCV. BC WT 660T -06

D
Apr 7, 2016
These cats are smoke machines, white smoke always pour out in cascades! The cooling problem doesn't leave any traces on garage floor. I fill up the system and ventilate as recommended. This comes and goes, and suddenly temp warning flashes. Last time i filled aprox 1 gallon. Is it possible that when the liquid cooles down after stop it sucks air inside? When running again and temperature increases it blows out liquid somewhere?

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
These cats are smoke machines, white smoke always pour out in cascades! The cooling problem doesn't leave any traces on garage floor. I fill up the system and ventilate as recommended. This comes and goes, and suddenly temp warning flashes. Last time i filled aprox 1 gallon. Is it possible that when the liquid cooles down after stop it sucks air inside? When running again and temperature increases it blows out liquid somewhere?

First thing is raise the front of the sled a foot or more when filling with coolant, this will help get the air out of the cooling system. Second try a new rad cap. If this engine has white smoke when running normal it is burning coolant.

Premium Features