• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Front End options

WyoUltra

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Casper, WY
I'm looking at getting rid of the stock front end on my IQR, I was wondering if I could go to an Axys front end or not? And if so, what are the possibilities of running the 19 front end?

Thanks

WyoUltra

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Casper, WY
The IQR is an 07. I guess what I am looking for is, would axys A arms bolt up? I've only seen dragon & pro a arm/spindle combinations on them.

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
Pro and Axys use a axle that fits through where you are used to bolting on .. then sets on two studs that are molded into the bulkhead extrusion ..

So no but if you can tight weld I would go for it .. get one off of a Assault/Rush they are shorter spindled

D
Dec 4, 2007
Central Lower Michigan
yes with the appropriate bushings and shafts a pro ride-or Axys arms will bolt up.

you like the axys arms because of ?

pro ride arms are light years better than the 07 pogo spindles (07 was way better than 05). Until you change arms, Loose the C&As with the pogo spindles and run some powder pros. Big difference right there.

Last edited:
M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon
What are you going to be doing with it? What skid set up? The axys front end rides high. IMO 2011-2015 pro front ends are the way to go. Select a arm width for what you’ll be doing with it. I run 36” on mine.

WyoUltra

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Casper, WY
Well, the idea is by running an axys front end, I can get the newer geometry of the spindle. In order to match the height of the front end I just need an assault rear skid. I was thinking about giving alt. impact high rises a try.

M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon
Axys skid will be needed. You’ll be the first to do this that I know of. The pro set up doesn’t take much to get it to work well. Triple check all your measurements before installing the skid and it should work decent. The approach angle is going to be pretty steep but you can compensate for that some with a soft front track shock set up.

polaris bob

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 16, 2002
Michigan
I'm getting ready to tear down / part out a 2011 Assault Switchback . I will have a complete set of A-arms for sale. ( I'm planning on keeping the shocks at this point in time )

I Have no clue what a fair price is though. Not looking to get rich off of the parts sled, just want it gone.

If that would help you out, let me know, I'm sure we can work something out.

Sled is located in Michigan.

WyoUltra

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Casper, WY
I'm getting ready to tear down / part out a 2011 Assault Switchback . I will have a complete set of A-arms for sale. ( I'm planning on keeping the shocks at this point in time )

I Have no clue what a fair price is though. Not looking to get rich off of the parts sled, just want it gone.

If that would help you out, let me know, I'm sure we can work something out.

Sled is located in Michigan.
Thanks, but I'll probably have to wait a little bit, we just moved into a new house, and the IQR is behind lots of boxes with a coolant leak. Lol

Sent from my BV9500 using Tapatalk

WyoUltra

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Casper, WY
Wait, so why would I have a steeper approach angle? The height of the factory IQR front end is fairly tall. I was told that if I retained the front end, I could just go to an assault rear end and the geometry would match (Pro geometry.) However with me wanting to go to an Axys (19-20) front end I would have to get the same length shocks that match the spindle and A arm setup. With the appropriately match front end, I should be able to locate an Axys rear skid (RMK) and not have the issues of the awkwardly tall spindle height.

The approach angle on an Axys is fairly shallow, would I be left with a steep one because of where my drivers are located in comparison?

M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon
Axys uses taller spindles then the “pro”. The pro spindles are the same as the 2009+ IQRs just not billet. You can not use axys arms with pro/iqr spindles.

The axys skid is a different/taller geometry then the pro to accommodate the taller spindles.

The taller you go with the ride height of the sled the worse the approach angle is going to be. What the axys approach angle looks like is not realitive to what yours will be because the chassis is different.

The pro era assault skids are the same geometry as the rmk skids except the assaults had tipped up rails which were the only difference. The assaults had tipped up rails because they were mounted 1” lower in front.

Yes, if you’re wanting to use the axys front end and skid your approach angle will be very steep because of the driver location but you could fix that by doing a drop and roll. But that is a whole another can of worms.

Last edited:
Premium Features