• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Thank you Ski Doo

The average level of reading comprehension on this forum is that of a 1st grader. I've never said you can't do anything on the Ski Doo that you can on a Patriot. I have been a staunch defender over the years for Ski Doo about them panelling out, t motion making it so you can't sidehill, and them not sidehilling in extremely steep terrain. You can do all that on a Ski Doo. However, if someone tells me that it's easier or even the same amount of effort to do it on the Ski Doo vs Polaris Patriot they are one of two things or possibly both. They are lying to themselves or they simply aren't a very good rider. The Ski Doo is hands down the better sled for 97% of the riders on these forums that want to bash up a hill, pin the flipper to the bars to feel the power, and want a stronger more durable sled. I personally could careless about these things. I want the best handling sled for extremely technical terrain that takes the least amount of rider output to get the sled to do what I want. I am sorry if that hurts the extremely brand loyal people's feelings. The Ski Doo isn't a junker but the Polaris chassis is leaps and bounds better than the Doo. Simple fact :face-icon-small-hap Why would you ever drive a Miata when you have the opportunity to drive a Ferrari? :face-icon-small-con

Sounds like a no brainer for you. Polaris is going to make you happy

As for the Miata comment. My Buddy has a M5 making almost 700 hp and a Miata. He has a saying: Its more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow. Even with the M5's Hellcat killing boost, the Miata is more fun of a car. And if yore talking reliability, the Miata is far more than the BMW or Ferrari.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Sounds like a no brainer for you. Polaris is going to make you happy

As for the Miata comment. My Buddy has a M5 making almost 700 hp and a Miata. He has a saying: Its more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow. Even with the M5's Hellcat killing boost, the Miata is more fun of a car. And if yore talking reliability, the Miata is far more than the BMW or Ferrari.

This is so far off topic but I am bored so I am going to comment:

There is no Miata on this planet that is more fun to drive than my 458. You go buy a 458 and drive it and tell me you would rather drive a Miata. If you had any kind of reading comprehension you'd see I said the Doo is probably more reliable and this isn't something I care about... This is the retarded mentality that thrives on these forums... :face-icon-small-dis You're the guy that walks up to me in the parking lot and tells me I'm an idiot for buying a 458 because I could have bought a WRX spent 20 K on it and it would smoke my Ferrari.

There is no Miata on this planet that is more fun to drive than my 458. You go buy a 458 and drive it and tell me you would rather drive a Miata. If you had any kind of reading comprehension you'd see I said the Doo is probably more reliable and this isn't something I care about... This is the retarded mentality that thrives on these forums... :face-icon-small-dis You're the guy that walks up to me in the parking lot and tells me I'm an idiot for buying a 458 because I could have bought a WRX spent 20 K on it and it would smoke my Ferrari.

Sounds like you like your Ferrari, but to each their own. Personally when I see them driving around me (pretty common in Rochester) the owner is usually a Douche, which explains alot. Good luck with the Poo. It is a nice sled.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008

Are you the original magnum Pi?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
This where you lose people Chadly. Your comparisons and exaggerations are so far off. All the sleds are really close, but to justify your thinking you have to make one sound terrible and whatever you ride sound AMAZING. Then you get frustrated and start insulting people. Throttle back the temper killer, it’s the internet and it’s not real lol.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
You know, I see this pop up now and then: this mentality that you're not having as much fun if your toy(s) aren't the right kind, aren't new/expensive enough, and so on. And it seems the people who do it, beyond just bragging about their own toys (we all do it to some degree), can't resist digging themselves deeper by throwing jabs at the people who disagree. Nothing personal – I encourage everyone to speak their mind – but by the same token, you'll get a lot further if you consider what people are going to read into the things you're saying before you say them.

Wapow

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2007
Let's hear from Chad's riding buddies. Is he now whipping your asses on his new snow Poorrari or is it all in his mind?

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
Next Chadly will get a SNOWBIKE ,there is nothing easier in technical terrain than a snow-bike. I can ride them all day in train that would make any sledder sweat,and I am not even getting a workout on the bike.
That should be the next move :face-icon-small-hap
Move to easy as you get older old Chap:face-icon-small-win

Last edited:

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
The average level of reading comprehension on this forum is that of a 1st grader. I've never said you can't do anything on the Ski Doo that you can on a Patriot. I have been a staunch defender over the years for Ski Doo about them panelling out, t motion making it so you can't sidehill, and them not sidehilling in extremely steep terrain. You can do all that on a Ski Doo. However, if someone tells me that it's easier or even the same amount of effort to do it on the Ski Doo vs Polaris Patriot they are one of two things or possibly both. They are lying to themselves or they simply aren't a very good rider. The Ski Doo is hands down the better sled for 97% of the riders on these forums that want to bash up a hill, pin the flipper to the bars to feel the power, and want a stronger more durable sled. I personally could careless about these things. I want the best handling sled for extremely technical terrain that takes the least amount of rider output to get the sled to do what I want. I am sorry if that hurts the extremely brand loyal people's feelings. The Ski Doo isn't a junker but the Polaris chassis is leaps and bounds better than the Doo. Simple fact :face-icon-small-hap Why would you ever drive a Miata when you have the opportunity to drive a Ferrari? :face-icon-small-con

As someone who is considering a change from my G4 850 Summit to an 840 RMK Pro, I'm curious about all the differences you noted between the two sleds.

I love my G4 but am just thinking of trying something different for a year or two.

Thanks.

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
I was in McCall a few years back. Had an electrical issue on my 15 800 X that shut my riding down. Posted on here asking about if anyone knew of a quick fix...

Chadly posted back that I could ride his 17 850. Didn't know me from Adam, but was generous to offer me a brand new sled to ride. In took him up on the offer, and had a great time....

... not only is he generous, but a damn good rider to boot!

Ace

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I was in McCall a few years back. Had an electrical issue on my 15 800 X that shut my riding down. Posted on here asking about if anyone knew of a quick fix...

Chadly posted back that I could ride his 17 850. Didn't know me from Adam, but was generous to offer me a brand new sled to ride. In took him up on the offer, and had a great time....

... not only is he generous, but a damn good rider to boot!

Ace

Full disclaimer: Not only did he buy me a bottle of Crown Reserve he fed me BBQ at his place in McCall :face-icon-small-win

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
What happened chadley finally blew up a ski doo? Took ya long enough we are all on our second or third by now. I demoted my 175 G4 to the second tier backup and went for the alpha cat. loved riding that sled for the first two months of the season super fun surgical weapon in the tech gnar. With all the money I saved on belts NOT riding a G4 I was able to hit every storm between Revy and Tahoe. Then the alpha blew up so I tried an axys which took no time to get used to, another great sled almost bought one to get me through the rest of the season but couldn’t find any 850s left and saw too many random issues.

In conclusion they are all mechanical tragedies waiting to happen. The best sled is whichever one is lubed and ready to put out that day. One should be emotionally prepared to abondone any sled any time any where if it lets you down and move onto the next one . If you can’t jump back and forth between any of the big three and Lace the same lines you should be more worried about your skill set than which sled your riding. I somehow ended up with another 19’ 175 holdover for the last big storm cycle so obviously I’m strung out on sled crack and don’t know what I’m doing but really the snow conditions matter the most and not missing epic deep days.

Last edited:

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
As someone who is considering a change from my G4 850 Summit to an 840 RMK Pro, I'm curious about all the differences you noted between the two sleds.

I love my G4 but am just thinking of trying something different for a year or two.

Thanks.

The Polaris hand warmers work way better than the Ski Doo and the brakes also work a lot better on the Polaris. :face-icon-small-blu

Premium Features