• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

excessive oil in air box?

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
Always seem to have more than a couple oz of oil in air box, was like that last year seems to run ok, just wondering what would cause that. maybe reeds,

1800 miles on m8 stock,

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
any way for it to seep out when sitting? I never fill it, only like half or maybe 2/3 thinking the tank is just too damn big and gravity will do its thing.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
Not sure but on my 2010, when I know I will not be riding for more than a few weeks, I store it with tank on the low side as far as fill level. Seems to prevent excess oil from seeping out into the intake.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I took off the stock tank and installed a smaller clear one (same tank that Bdx and TKI sell with belt drive kits), mounted at the bottom of the chain case.

I'll back what everyone else is saying, it seems to be a gravity feed thing because my sled doesn't seep into the box anymore. Still get some water intrusion which sucks but very little oil in there now.

Premium Features