• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Brian Head - Duck Creek

B
Jan 23, 2008
Went riding with the fam on 2-16 and 2-17 up Cedar City Canyon. Parked at Midway and rode towards Cedar Breaks. The snow was amazing! Living in Utah County, I have to fight to get a parking spot at 8:00 am up towards Strawberry during the weekends. Arrived at the parking lot at Midway at 9:00 a.m. and was the first ones there. Rode both days and the snow was incredible.

I highly recommend going sledding down in Southern Utah as the population is a lot less, there is excellent snow, elevation was around 10k and hotel rooms were under $60.

If snow conditions stay the same year after year, I think West Yellowstone is a thing of the past.... Only down side, there aren't huge hills to climb but if you like boon docking through trees, open meadows, and finding fresh power in huge lava sink holes, this is the place. Good luck and safe sledding.

On a side note, one of my sleds went down on Saturday so I called all my friends to borrow a sled for Sunday. A huge Thank You to Z.G. for loaning me a Polaris 700. What an awesome friend to let you borrow a sled. Great people in Southern Utah!

Premium Features