• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Doo 800 Problem, help!

Speeedracer

Lifetime Membership
Feb 10, 2006
Kanasas
Buddy went to load his 2007 Doo 800 this eve and had some problems. Started really hard, but when it did, the headlight and gauge lights were really dim. Died and started again, Died, and started again with lights at full power. Got it loaded into my trailer, with lights and sled running okay.

Whats up? Stator? Suggestions?

Ran fine last ride, sat for a couple weeks before starting this eve.

apprec the help!

S
Jan 6, 2002
thats exactly what happen to my 06! is this an e-start? cause when this happened to me..it got worse and worse till it eventually died! the problem was the stator was shot(found out at the dealer on the second go around)! because of the e-start battery..it rode fine for a few hours because it was running off the battery power..eventually the battery drained then limping back to the truck with your same problems !

this bad stator ruined 2 of my trips cause dealer didnt find it the first time! first time they thought it was a relay!

S
Jan 6, 2002
i would say yes,,because i had those exact symptoms! i only mentioned e-start cause of the battery! my sled ran fine for the first few hours cause it was using the battery power for all the electrical..but then when the battery drained..those symptoms came back! the dealer confirmed it was a bad stator causing those problems!

Premium Features