• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help me out here, guys. Please?

OK. I have a '01 800. The crank is bad, i know that much. One cylinder/head/piston needs replacing. The PTO side bearings on my crank slide off by hand. My inner bearings on the crank are seized. My question to you is this:

What is the cheapest way that I can make my sled rideable for this year? I'm talking poor hillbilly with lots of time and not many resources.

I've heard loctite for the PTO bearings, what are you guys' opinions on that? I'm getting my inner bearings removed and replaced by a local Polaris dealer. I'm in the market for a cylinder/head/piston. My main concern is the PTO side bearings. I need advice. Cheap, and safe for just one season. Hell, one weekend. I can't make my crank any worse than it is. Will loctite work? Will JB weld be too much? I'm in a pinch here. Don't laugh, I'm desperate and money doesn't grow on trees. Thanks guys.

P
Mar 12, 2008
sunnyvale trailer park
cheapest way? buy the cheapest used 700 you can find and throw it in there. do not try to piece your old motor together with loctite holding the crank bearings together that's dumb. If you rebuild it do it right, the cheapest would be to exchange your crank and jug and buy new pistons

B

brent9k

Dec 17, 2007
BOZEMAN, MT
www.attackmotorsports.com
I have rebuilt 4 pol 800 engines for friends. Every one had the PTO bearing fall off by hand. i had them buy a big bearing and I loctited everyone of them, and they are all running great.

People that had lots of money to spend dont like to find out they did not need to spend it. some times they call it "dumb"

M

metallicat

Nov 27, 2007
Rugby, ND
I know a guy who has an 800 ves motor for sale. email him at barryb@utma.com. i don't know where you are at but he is in north dakota. i know the guy and he is very polaris knowledgable. very nice person also. i don't know what he wants for it, but maybe cheaper than fixing yours??? also don't know if it has big bearing installed?? i think he also has a 600 for sale also if anyone is looking. also deals SLP pipes.

P

pwdrhogRMK800

Oct 29, 2002
Casper, WY
OK. I have a '01 800. The crank is bad, i know that much. One cylinder/head/piston needs replacing. The PTO side bearings on my crank slide off by hand. My inner bearings on the crank are seized. My question to you is this:

What is the cheapest way that I can make my sled rideable for this year? I'm talking poor hillbilly with lots of time and not many resources.

I've heard loctite for the PTO bearings, what are you guys' opinions on that? I'm getting my inner bearings removed and replaced by a local Polaris dealer. I'm in the market for a cylinder/head/piston. My main concern is the PTO side bearings. I need advice. Cheap, and safe for just one season. Hell, one weekend. I can't make my crank any worse than it is. Will loctite work? Will JB weld be too much? I'm in a pinch here. Don't laugh, I'm desperate and money doesn't grow on trees. Thanks guys.

I have a head and possible a piston off my 01 I could sell you...

Thanks

Thanks guys. Thanks brent9k. I'm gonna try the big bearing and loctite. The way i see it, i can't break my motor any worse than its already broke. I'll drop the cash for a new motor when i can afford it. I just need a couple rides.

Premium Features