• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Muff Pot/Hot Dogger recipes

D

duchunter

Nov 26, 2007
Lynnwood WA
I'd love to get some recipes. What works best? Oven bags, foil, etc... What's good out on the trail? I'm getting tired of little smokies and bbq sauce.

Well anything left over from dinner is far game at my house, I also like lamb shanks that I get from the market in the deli section, bbq pork is good. Just about anythig reheated is great!:):beer;:beer;

B
Nov 8, 2008
muffpot

10 oz min rice 10 oz water garlic salt pepper 1/2 can mushroom soup 8-10 large shrimp place in muffpot ride hard for 2 1/2 to 3 hour and yuuuummmmmmmm try it it is simple and very good

J
Dec 19, 2007
Waterville, WA
We have also taken fondue (sp?) cheese. Leave it in the little pouch it comes in and just through it in the cooker. Take crackers or bread chunks with you and dip it in the heated cheese when it's warm.

B
Dec 8, 2004
Monticello, Mn
the BEST i have seen by far, comes from a West Yellowstone local.

Make a batch of fajita's (he used elk) vaccum pack a couple portions per bag. We made a fire and boiled them to get them hot, but if you wrap them in heavy foil it shouldn't melt the bag in the hotdogger.
tortillas warmed in foil. cut open the bags and have hot fajita's..
and a cold diet coke or a brew.

B-

the BEST i have seen by far, comes from a West Yellowstone local.

Make a batch of fajita's (he used elk) vaccum pack a couple portions per bag. We made a fire and boiled them to get them hot, but if you wrap them in heavy foil it shouldn't melt the bag in the hotdogger.
tortillas warmed in foil. cut open the bags and have hot fajita's..
and a cold diet coke or a brew.

B-

First off you now owe someone royalties...........and then Cave goes and posts his name. What are you two thinking about????????????:( :( :(

Nov 26, 2007
Waterville WA
We make home made stuffed bread (calzone basically) and rap it in parchment paper. Kind of your favorite pizza sandwich for the snow. The fondue is really good too. Anything hot is great on the snow though.

Steve

J
Dec 19, 2007
Waterville, WA
Steve-

We're going to try to ride today on the roads. We'll swing out if you want to go. I'll throw some of my Lobe Red smoked german venison/pork sausage in the pot. Need to get to Wenatchee and get some fondue.

Owen

J

JROD

Nov 6, 2004
Bozeman, MT
Fajitas are no secret! We usually put all the meat in one persons, wrap the veggies and trimmings with foil and put them in someone elses, and the make another carry the cheese and tortillas. I've also seen lasagna done too. The group I ride with is starting to get pretty good with recipes.

P
Nov 26, 2007
Oregon
I just freeze dinner left overs in a snacker packer... see http://www.snackerpackers.com/. The snacker packers are smaller than the oven bags and hold up perfectly, just twist the top and tie a knot. And toss lunch in the Muff pot, still frozen. By lunch it is perfect!!! I usually put, any type of rice, porkchops, prime rib, spagetti, beef stir fry, fajitas, well you get it... :D

T

thinksnow

Nov 26, 2007
DICKINSON, ND
Shrimp fried rice, cube steak, bacon wrapped fillet magnon(sp), etc.. Cook something that you like the night before on the grill and reheat for a great lunch on the hill.

I wonder how cake or brownies would turn out? One sled do the meat, one veggies, and one dessert.LOL

Premium Features