• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Spare tire mount help

N

nate18

Jan 3, 2009
Predator trailer, aluminum studs 16oc. Would like to mount spare towards rear and up high. Is this possible with just mounting it on one stud? Have seen the simple mount brackets that would work but don’t know if tieing it into one stud is enough. Thanks for any help.

jotool

Lifetime Membership
Jan 25, 2015
I don't know if it would be adequate or not. When I made my spare mount, I spread it across 2 of the uprights and have not had any problems with my aluminum Legend trailer. I had the same concerns you expressed.

F7arcticcat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I don't know if it would be adequate or not. When I made my spare mount, I spread it across 2 of the uprights and have not had any problems with my aluminum Legend trailer. I had the same concerns you expressed.

Can you post a picture, I have a legend as well and have been wondering what to do.

Snow4life

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2012
Aberdeen, South Dakota
We ended up using the mounting blacked to mount it up right on the floor against the wall. Wanted it up high, but the thought of it falling on a sled scared me.

MidwestBoondocker

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 25, 2011
SW MN
In my Aluma this fall I rigged up a homemade mount with one stud for the spare. Spread the weight over two studs and have over 2,000 miles with no issue. Used 1x1 angle iron and have it all the way to the roof. Works awesome!

Coblue

Premium Member
May 15, 2010
Loadlocker.net
I have it mounted up high on steel wall studs but seems good enough to work on aluminum...

Premium Features