• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber Turbo for cat 18 up ???

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
https://www.silberturbos.com/collections/turbo-kits/products/arctic-cat-proclimb
So in the description it is listed 3-10 psi adjustable how can you do this with an internally wasgated turbo?

Snowcheck Season is upon us! All that is required is a $500 deposit to assure the best pricing of the season and earliest delivery. Snowcheck pricing for the Arctic Cat kit is $2995. After May 1st, pricing will be going up!
We are proud to release our Arctic Cat kit complete with our tried and true ECU Reflash (no control box) for true pull-and-go OEM like performance. This kit is for all 800cc CTEC2 Arctic cat sleds from 2018 on forward.
This is the first and only kit for the Arctic Cat brand to harness the power of the sled's stock engine management with a custom Silber map to control for fueling requirements. This means the sled reacts to the turbo just like it would if it were installed at the factory. No tuning. Just pull the cord and ride. The sled will adapt to changes in elevation, temperature and running conditions just like if it were a stock snowmobile.
Kit is adjustable from 3-10psi. Boost, as with all Silber kits, is a byproduct of octane you have available. Horsepower of ~200 on good quality pump gas. Much higher on Race/AV. This thing is a BEAST!

I can see with the ex gated turbo the easy adjustability with the spring stack as I have seen on the axis but how about the IG of this system?

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
You manually adjust the boost on the rod for the actuator. The shorter you adjust it, the more boost you get.

0DAEE615-FC19-4EEA-8DA1-CFD20877B2F2.jpeg

Last edited:

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
getting the impression not may of these on the snow last year?
anybody have real time on one?

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
A company that didn't have enough interest in cat to even build a kit for the 12-17 sleds and took over a year after the 18 was released to develop a kit, makes me very nervous. Are they interested enough in Cat to provide any support after the sale? I like the feedback I am hearing and competition is great because it drives the prices down but personally I won't buy one til I see a bunch of them on the snow running and receiving support. This is kind of the same with all turbo manufacturers really only SW makes an effort with cat but they are way too expensive. BD at least puts the time in to getting a cat kit on the snow but it definitely is not their priority for providing support to them after the fact.

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
I won't buy one til I see a bunch of them on the snow running and receiving support.

If everybody tought like you, there would be no kits on the snow.

If it was 5 years ago, I wouldnt buy a Silber kit. But with their new ECU reflash, and growth theyve had the last years, I feel better about buying from them.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Silber had a 12-17 proclimb kit. I had one on my 14’. Installed a couple others for friends. It ran pretty good. Had the Dobeck box back then. Silber has grown leaps and bounds since then. Have a buddy putting one on this week on his 18’ mtn cat. Snowing here in Utah today, so hopefully we will get some time on it this week.
No, you don’t adjust boost by using adjustment on the accustor rod.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
If everybody tought like you, there would be no kits on the snow.

If it was 5 years ago, I wouldnt buy a Silber kit. But with their new ECU reflash, and growth theyve had the last years, I feel better about buying from them.

Some people enjoy messing with them more than me. I've lost winters in the past to poorly running turbos and just not my thing anymore. When they work they are amazing but I'll take stock reliability every day now. Hoping these kits are as dialed as they say they are we will see.

When I tried to buy a kit for 16 cat there was nothing available.... Heard they sold a few at sometime but never seen one.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Some people enjoy messing with them more than me. I've lost winters in the past to poorly running turbos and just not my thing anymore. When they work they are amazing but I'll take stock reliability every day now. Hoping these kits are as dialed as they say they are we will see.

When I tried to buy a kit for 16 cat there was nothing available.... Heard they sold a few at sometime but never seen one.
Jake,
They had a kit for the 12-17's but after the success they were having on the polaris/doo market with reflashed ecu kits they decided it wasn't worth offering a cat setup unless the ECU flash was dialed. Also since the non ctec cats represents by far the smallest aftermarket potential it was hard to justify the hundreds of development hours to sell very few kits for a motor/ecu that was going away. As someone who helps people with there boosted sleds I can verify that the demand for tech support is litterally 10:1 on a kit where someone can try and tune vs a fixed tuning (reflashed) kit.

The consensus going into this season was that the new 18 kits would not be released until an ecu re-flash and accompanying kit was ready to go. Im sure they would have liked to get things going sooner in the year but again, given the polaris/doo success, sometimes development takes a little longer when demand is headed off the charts for current product.

One of the biggest overlooked perks of the reflash is not adding wiring and any sort of extra electrical mess under the hood. Keeping things clean and simple alone eliminates so many variables of customers doing a poor job of installing things resulting in sub-par performance.

Im very excited to throw a leg over the C-TEC kits, that motor/clutch/chassis setup already rips so dang hard. They look to be an animal with boost.

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
No, you don’t adjust boost by using adjustment on the accustor rod.

Ok, so how do you adjust it? I have adjusted the boost level on the acuator rod before, if the turbo kit didt have a electronic boost controller, or a manual boost valve.

If the Silber kits come with a manual boost valve, I agree with you, but if not, there is no problem adjusting it using the rod.
The MTNTK Polaris kits came without a valve, but with a adjustable rod.

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
Silber is working on the ability to tune the sled right from your phone, as well as data logging. This will be a huge benefit to trouble shooting sleds that may have issues.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Silber is working on the ability to tune the sled right from your phone, as well as data logging. This will be a huge benefit to trouble shooting sleds that may have issues.

Or not. People “tuning” turbos is half the problem. The other half is factory engine/sled issues. The last half is problems with the kit? Wait, that’s too many half’s.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Or not. People “tuning” turbos is half the problem. The other half is factory engine/sled issues. The last half is problems with the kit? Wait, that’s too many half’s.
I guess the guys maybe goofed up wording some. You can flash the sled from your phone, (not actually "tuning" yourself), also not having to send the ECU in anymore. Silber still owns and controls the software to write the mapping. This will be huge for guys that live in more remote regions and shipping is a major hassle. Also having the ability to datalog and send those in for tech support vs a phone call trying to explain a random hiccup on your sled.

This is a huge step forward in the sled world and just continues to push the industry forward in terms of what performance truly looks like.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
To adjust boost it would be best to use a manual boost controller. You could get some adjustability out of the actuator rod, but its not easy to get to and kind of a crude way of doing it. Just helped a buddy install his silber cat kit. Not sure what boost its set up for out of the box, he says 8lbs. Guess we will see. IMO, 8lbs is all any mountain guy will ever need, especially if you can do it on pump gas. loved my last two sleds with turbos, will be interesting to run this cat against my 17' axys sidekick since it has the same 3" powerclaw as my buddys 18" MC with the silber. Hopefully get them on the snow before its gone.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
How to video? You mean how to install? It’s pretty simple and straight forward other than where he oil restructor goes in the oil line. Pull off exhaust can, air box and undergood intake ducting. Drop in turbo, charge tube with related airbox sensors, install intake tube from stock cold air intake, oil line to turbo and restrictive. Get ECU reflashed. Clutch to your liking. Hardest part is probably pulling apart all the stock hood intake. Not really hard, just a pain.

Last edited:

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
awesome! can i get a little more info on the oil line part?

I’ll have to see if I can get to the sled later today and snap a pic of the oil system. Also there is a recall on some of the wiring harnesses in the 18’ mt cats, as well as a couple other little things. Before installing the turbo, call your dealer and have them look up your vin # to see what recalls it needs. Both my 18’ mt cats are in getting the wiring harness and two other recalls right now. Might just be better to get that stuff done before you install the turbo.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
Pics would be Awesome!!
Mine is a 2019 so I would think the "updates" should be done but I will ask.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
And they tear your sled down to this to do the wiring harness update. May as well just have them install the turbo while they are in there.

B626C1A1-F9BD-4572-BD4C-6ACDA1F62C57.jpg

Premium Features