• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anybody have experience with miss-matched injectors and ecm's?

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Hey guys, as the title says, So I've had this turbo sled and it's been a nightmare, throwing a Det code at random times and going into limp mode, It seems to be sometimes when stabbing it, other times im in the boost and I let off for a second and stab it, itll go DET, Other times it seems like as im rev'd out then coasting down slower on the trail while still 7k rpm and roll into the throttle again or blip it, DET. Supposedly my tuning is great.....??? Never any issues when in on boost though....

I threw in a 3 degree timing retard key, I run 50/50 av and 94 octane, This has been a issue plagueing me! It runs way lean down the trail as well, so much so I had the turbo kit tuning kick in earlier to try and keep my air fuel down lower, (abnormal outside of the usual tuning they recommend), oh and a New tps, used tps, swaps, re-adjustments over and over, just wasted time and no change. factory injectors aren't plugged of anything.... idles great and runs good for the most part aside that issue.

looking back on previous pictures the sled has YELLOW tag on the wiring harness to the injectors, could somebody still put the old blue injectors in? are the body of the injector yellow as well?

So I got reading a bit and read about.... The ecm needs to be calibrated to the injectors otherwise issues arise.... , The sleds a ~2011 or 2012. the company I bought it from said they had thrown in a used engine into the chassis, the ecm read only ~600km at the purchase time, I would undoubtedly bet there could be a miss-match there.... but maybe not.

Sleds got me so beat its not even funny anymore, I dread even looking at it. I've been up and down everything on it except... that.... What do you guys figure? Thanks!

Last edited:

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Ecm's get reflashed at the stealership, to match what ever color injectors you are running. Their may be the possibility different injectors without a reflash could have been done to make richer or lean your machine.

Thanks for the reply, I figure I'll get replacement injectors and a flash for the hell of it and cross my fingers, Will update again in a few weeks if or when I know.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Back when I built an 11 assult I had injectors cleaned and flow tested, looking back I should have bought new injectors and got the reflash. My other regret is not buying the brand new never used wiring harness off fleabay.

Ok, you had similar issues as well or just a thought? did you keep with the old blue injectors or?

sartysrnr

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Nova Scotia
What does it say on the ecm?Its says what color u need for injectors?11 injectors are known to be junk far as i know.You can tell the difference by the size of the orings where they go in the cylinder.Think the 11s are fatter then the 12 up.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
What does it say on the ecm?Its says what color u need for injectors?11 injectors are known to be junk far as i know.You can tell the difference by the size of the orings where they go in the cylinder.Think the 11s are fatter then the 12 up.

Thanks for the reply. I just got the sled home from storage, on the ECM under the top plug is a yellow dot. Injectors wiring loom is yellow tagged but I Hector into the blaock show blue on the body. Investigating deeper and I see now my brown wire into mag side injector rubbed through the shielding, but the wire was rubbing against the carb coolant rubber line, in theory shouldn't of grounded out. That's all I can see for now. Im going to scope the top end of the engine tonight to see if it's held up and if so I'll end up going with a set of injectors, probably used off a parting sled just to test for now.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
I'm just saying new injectors and a reflash would give me peace of mind if I had 2011 injectors in a polaris motor, some folks might tell you that 2011 injectors might be problematic.

Yeah that's what I'm planning to do,, 2011 and 2012 injectors are the same from what I read but I'll be getting a re flash of my ecm regardless.

Premium Features