• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 BCA Tunnel Bag

S
Feb 24, 2016
WA
Has anyone purchased one of these yet?

I know it can be installed in the Linq postion second from the seat to allow the use of a gas can but can it be installed in the Linq position closest to the seat?

Also, is the interior bag REALLY waterproof this time? I know BCA claimed the interior bag was waterproof on the previous version and it was not.

https://backcountryaccess.com/product/mtnpro-tunnel-bag/

BCA_snowmobile_gear_mtnpro_tunnel_bag_1200x1200.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
I am looking forward to seeing this thing first hand. I think I have donated enough money trying to find a decent bag have been using the mountain addiction bag, but would really like to be able to use the ski-doo linq mounts instead of drilling more holes. I hope they have these at the utah snow show so i can take a look.

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
Has anyone purchased one of these yet?

I know it can be installed in the Linq postion second from the seat to allow the use of a gas can but can it be installed in the Linq position closest to the seat?

Also, is the interior bag REALLY waterproof this time? I know BCA claimed the interior bag was waterproof on the previous version and it was not.

https://backcountryaccess.com/product/mtnpro-tunnel-bag/

I am buying one of these as soon as they post. I'll snap a bunch of pics and put a review in the appropriate forum.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I'd really like to see a tunnel bag where you have the option to leave on the shovel handle for a true grab-n-go-n-stow .

For those fast dig outs.
.... and yes, I keep a shovel in my pack at all times separate from what I'd carry on the tunnel.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Hh_4T9BWxTs" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

With the BCA MtnPro Tunnel Bag, your extra shovel is accessible and secure–along with all your extra gear for an unexpected night out. This low-profile snowmobile tunnel bag includes a breakaway carry strap, external shovel carry, venting system, waterproof interior drybag, drain hole and interior pockets for small items.

Directions for attaching Ski Doo LinQ Quick Release to Tunnel Bag:

Drill out the holes in Ski Doo LinQ Quick Release Latch Part #: 715001707 with a 1/4″ drill bit to accommodate 1/4″ bolts.
Insert bolt from outside through quick release latch and through predrilled spot in BCA tunnel bag.
Washer and nut are attached on inside of tunnel bag.
Note: Can use smaller diameter bolts and not drill, but I prefer the 1/4″ bolts for strength.

VOLUME 1321 cu. in. / 21 liters

DIMENSIONS 15.5 x 15.5 x 5.5 inches / 39 x 39 x 14 cm

WEIGHT 3.2 pounds / 1,452 g

MATERIAL 500 denier polyeaster w/ PVC coating

ZIPPERS YKK w/ DWR coating

COLOR Black

mtnpro-tunnel-bag-mounting-940x705.jpg

mtnpro-tunnel-bag-bolts-940.jpg

Last edited:
M
Oct 11, 2009
I just ordered one, I don’t think it will work with the gas can without making a mount for the bag, I was planning on fabbing something up to make it work behind the gas can, I ll know in few days when it shows up

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
I just ordered one, I don’t think it will work with the gas can without making a mount for the bag, I was planning on fabbing something up to make it work behind the gas can, I ll know in few days when it shows up

Where did you order it? The BCA site isn't showing it available yet.

GSPLewie

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2016
Glad I saw this post. I have a Ski Doo tunnel bag on hold at dealer that is double the price of this bag. Decisions, decisions...

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
Glad I saw this post. I have a Ski Doo tunnel bag on hold at dealer that is double the price of this bag. Decisions, decisions...

The BCA bag isn't completely waterproof like the new Skidoo tunnel bag. However, $125 for two waterproof pouches and a waterproof bottom is better than $270 for me. . . yikes. I'll mount to my Whiteout Bracket to avoid the Linq kit.

EDIT: I plan to purchase the tunnel bag, T3 Kit and new Mtn Pro vest from BCA (the vest is this forum's fault :)). The $$$$ makes my head spin a bit and I've been looking for a deal. If anyone knows of a shop that would likely cut me a deal I would appreciate it. I emailed BCA and they made no offers to a huge package deal. I even dangled my military service with no luck (wish they were on GovX!). I don't expect a discount but always great to ask the question!

Last edited:
S
Feb 24, 2016
WA
First Location

So the questions is still open as to whether the BCA bag can be installed in the first position (nearest the seat).

Anyone know? How about those that have actually purchased the bag?

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
It can see video on their site. Bag was just released for ordering so doubt anyone owns or tried them yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M
Oct 11, 2009
Mine came today, looks like it won’t work in the position behind the seat without a custom mount, and it’s not gonna work behind the gas can without a custom mount, this is on my 154

I have pics but it says they’re to big to post off the phone

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Mine came today, looks like it won’t work in the position behind the seat without a custom mount, and it’s not gonna work behind the gas can without a custom mount, this is on my 154

I have pics but it says they’re to big to post off the phone

Thank you for your input.

Load the picks online to something like photobucket and then post them by url link

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Okay you buy this BDA bag.

Need 2 SKIDOO LinQ Cargo Mount Base Accessory Attachment System Kit 860200583 to hold onto your sled?

Do you need to buy a "clip" from BCA to connect to LINQ fasteners?

S
Feb 24, 2016
WA

Well that’s the ****s. I assume the first position on a 154 is the same as a 165?

Why do all these manufacturers think we want to hang our crap way off the back of the sled? They think we all want to throw every bit of performance out the window? I know Doo originally designed their bag to only fit in the second position also. I’ve heard they changed that but haven’t seen confirmation yet.

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
I'm in need of a bag, but pretty confused as to what all needs to be ordered! I have nothing on my sled!

Do a search in this forum for Tunnel Bag. There are a bunch of great options from a handful of vendors. Dial in to what you're thinking and then ask the specific questions on here. Chances are someone has tried what you're thinking. Happy hunting.

Premium Features