• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic cat 800 2013 runs bad! Help

J
Jan 25, 2011
NB ??
Hey guys! Im having trouble with my sled! It idle at 2300 rpm when cold, i go around the house to warm it up and it boggs realy bad( it almost stalls), when i stop it will not idle under 3300 rpm when warm, and it wont turn over 7300-7400 at WOT, and it sounds weird, almost like a E-tech....i changed the reed valve, ecu, power valve!?!? Compression is good, whats going on here?!?!
Thanks
JF

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Do you have fresh gas in it?

How are your plugs? How are the plug caps. I know mine aren't gripping the top of the plugs like they use to.

It sounds like an injector may be stuck. Is it running on both cylinders?

Put some Seafoam in your gas tank and run it up on a stand.

Last edited:
J
Jan 25, 2011
NB ??
Yes fresh gas, it is running on both cylinders, will need to check if the fire is nice on all the plugs, they are new but wet probly because of the start/stall situation

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
...and please do not run seafoam through your sled engine. NOTHING good will come of that program.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
if its idling high check the throttle cable at the flipper and make sure its is fully seated in the block. not the ball end but push in on the cable housing at the point it hits the back stop. if it didn't seat all the way you will be fighting the throttle safety switch. as the cable will the be too tight.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Yes, I guess it could be related to the throttle over-ride system but, you certainly wouldn't be getting to over 7,000 RPM if the system was engaged.

I don't get the no Seafoam comment. I have been adding a few ounces of it to the first tank of gas on all my sleds for as long as I remember when I take them out storage. I think it helps clean any gunk out of the carbs/injectors that may have developed when is storage over the summer. I have never had a less than good result.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
Alright i will remove and reinstall my cable to make sure

Just make sure you hear is "snap in" you can tell if its out by the cable being too tight. you need about an 1/8" of free play on the pivot point on the pin for the flipper before it starts to pull the cable

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
spray some carb cleaner around the crank end while its idling if you can and see if anything changes.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
If it's not flammable, it will bring the idle down so, u can test it this way also.
Flammable substance is a better way but not the only way.

D
Aug 18, 2014
Hellingham,wa
Had the exact same problem on my 15 proclimb. Fortunately I had a back up sled with interchangeable parts. I swapped out every part and switch I could think of and nothing brought down the rpm and made it run good. Was ready to give up, then swapped out fuel tanks and I’ll be damned, ran perfect. Found a good deal on a fuel pump and was back in business.

R
If you have a buddy with a similar year sled, swap out the ECU and see what happens.
I had mine go in my 14 HCR after using a Power Commander system, fried it...$2400, but I have a good dealer and got it under warranty thank God!!

J
Jan 25, 2011
NB ??
How was it running with the bad ecu?? I had a powercommander in my sled last year, removed it this year and put everything stock to find the probleme... i did swap the ecu with a 2016 ecu but was running the same way

Storskogen

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2014
Sweden
Have you checked the exhaust can? If it's blocked it will run bad. Shake it to check if something is loose inside it that could block the exhaust.

M800 -13, Speedwerx full exhaust, PCV. BC WT 660T -06

Premium Features