• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015-2016 Island Park / West Yellowstone Snow Reports

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Yup.
They are HOLDING OUT ON US!

Ya know it's kind of fun bragging up being the first to get snow, or posting pics of the first deep powder ride... but after the onslaught of riders here this past Xmas break, it makes you pretty hesitant to "let the cat out of the bag". With that being said, this past few day's we've started getting our first measurable snow since Xmas, though it's coming in 2-3 inch spurts... at this rate it'll take a while to reload

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Rode warm warm springs area and around Mesa falls riding was good fresh snow is there just have to look a little. This forum was founded on sharing info so let get some reports going. Anybody can look at snowtels and see who has fresh anyway.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Broke down and took my 2 phazers our for a ride today.
Was VERY surprised to see only FOUR TRAILERS in the Big Springs parking lot.

Have NEVER seen that lot so well plowed and groomed in the last 7 years.
It was absolutely smooth and flat, no idea why.
But it was EMPTY.

Spent several hours just fiddle farting around while we were working with a new drone and was SO surprised at how much GOOD SNOW we found down in the valley! Never made it up into the mountains at all, but the snow in the valley was Great. We had a blast playing by the river and just riding in the trees.

I can only imagine how good the snow must be up on top right now.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Some drone video we shot yesterday while riding in Island Park

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5vPy0ZDT208" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Xgraphite

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2008
Idaho
Spent a few days there last week. Snow was really good didn't see anyone else all day. We didn't see any other tracks in the snow where we played. I can't wait to go back, second trip there this year.

Screenshot_2016-01-21-13-30-56.jpg Screenshot_2016-01-21-13-38-38.jpg Screenshot_2016-01-21-13-45-56.jpg Screenshot_2016-01-21-13-41-22.jpg Screenshot_2016-01-21-13-44-34.jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Any snow?

Any wind with it?

Issued by The National Weather Service

Pocatello/Idaho Falls, ID

3:41am MST, Thu Feb 4
... WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 PM MST THIS EVENING...

* IMPACTS/TIMING... SNOW... MODERATE AT TIMES... IS EXPECTED DURING THE MORNING COMMUTE TODAY. AREAS OF BLOWING SNOW AND SLICK ROADS WILL CREATE MAINLY TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES THROUGHOUT THE DAY... PARTICULARLY THIS MORNING.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS... 2 TO 3 INCHES OF STORM TOTAL ACCUMULATION ARE EXPECTED THROUGH THIS EVENING.

* LOCATIONS... INTERSTATE 15 CORRIDOR... IDAHO FALLS... BLACKFOOT... AND POCATELLO AS WELL AS THE EASTERN BENCHES.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW WILL CAUSE PRIMARILY TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SNOW COVERED ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES... AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
ISLAND PARK

Detailed Forecast

Today
Snow. High near 24. South southwest wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Tonight
Snow likely, mainly before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10. Southwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

Friday
Partly sunny, with a high near 27. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 9 mph in the afternoon.

Friday Night
A 30 percent chance of snow after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. South wind around 10 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Saturday
Snow likely, mainly after 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 31. Southwest wind 11 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Saturday Night
A 30 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 9. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Sunday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.

Sunday Night
Areas of fog. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 14.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
plot

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Looking pretty spiffy up here... we.ve picked up about six inches in the past couple of day's. Some wind up high, but not too bad below 8'000' I have a solid four feet in my yard and the hills are loaded real good. The lot's are near empty and pretty much have the run of the place... GOOD TIMES...GOOD TIMES :face-icon-small-hap

IMG_0458.jpg

mortelec

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2011
Crosslake, MN
Anyone have any reports from the past week? We have a group of 7 heading to West Yellowstone and Island Park in a little over a week. :face-icon-small-hap

madmaxx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2007
NW Iowa
Snow Reports???

Just checking how warm it has been and what can we expect for snow? Group of 8 will be there 2-26 and riding through 3-5, I know it's along ways away but we cancelled last year due to the snow conditions and went elsewhere.... Rode West Yellowstone the end of January and it was pretty good.... staying in Island Park this time....

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Yes, driving does suck. 18 hour drive on a good day for us. As a snowmobilier it would be a great centralized location to live. A lot of good snowmobiling destinations a lot closer than 18 hours! I would imagine a lot of good hunting, fishing, OHV and camping too!

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
I'll give it to ya straight... It got ugly up here today. Woke up at 5 AM to pouring rain and it stayed that way on and off all day for the most part. Real windy and warm tonight, reminds of Chinooks we used to get back in AK. Temps have been in the 40's the past couple of day's. Hopefully it dumped hard up high, I'll let you know when the ceiling lifts....

Premium Features