• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Another clutch issue

I

intern222

Jan 9, 2008
An 8 or 1100? Must have got hot?? I haven't ridden my 8 yet but was "practicing" changing my belt and noticed lots of grime on the clutches and belt. Wondering what to clean them with ? Hopefully that's a very cut and dried warranty claim!! Good luck

R

rcaustin

Sep 8, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
water on clutch

I just bought a yard of frog skins, going to cut it up and screen everything possible on the clutch side to help water from getting on the clutches, including the gills on the clutch guard, anything and everything will help.

C

Crusty82

Jan 27, 2010
But if it was just snow/water that did it. Wouldn't it be on both sides of the secoondary? I only have slipmarks on the inside.

If you look at the pic of the belt you also see that it's only a part of the belt that is in contact with the clutch. It looks new on the ribs

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
Your slipping at engagement because your belt isnt grabbing with the whole belt, you got 1/2 contact with the sheave.

Sheave angle or belt angle we will see what cat comes up with im hoping it isnt a casting issue cause thats going to be a fun one to figure out!

My guess is they will sell belts that have the proper sheave angle and 72.9 % of everyones belt issues will disappear.

-Aksnopro

C

Crusty82

Jan 27, 2010
Your slipping at engagement because your belt isnt grabbing with the whole belt, you got 1/2 contact with the sheave.

Sheave angle or belt angle we will see what cat comes up with im hoping it isnt a casting issue cause thats going to be a fun one to figure out!

My guess is they will sell belts that have the proper sheave angle and 72.9 % of everyones belt issues will disappear.

-Aksnopro

But why am I getting slippmarks only on the innside of the secondary?

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
An 8 or 1100? Must have got hot?? I haven't ridden my 8 yet but was "practicing" changing my belt and noticed lots of grime on the clutches and belt. Wondering what to clean them with ? Hopefully that's a very cut and dried warranty claim!! Good luck

dish soap and fine scotchbrite pad! And that is a very cut and dried warranty claim..the answer will be NO

C

Crusty82

Jan 27, 2010
but if it's because of the water, shouldn't it be marks on both sides? If the belt slips it doesn't just slip on the innside.

I sure AC comes with a solution real quick. Don't wanna fix things myself that warranty should cover.

I guess Im going to seal up the intakes with frogskin an wait for AC to do the rest.

Have any of you used frogskin on the oppening in the footwell?

A
Jan 30, 2011
Palmer AK

-Aksnopro

AK that is a very exact number, We will hold you to it :face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features