• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2004 mountain cat 900 EFI 159" track

J
Aug 10, 2010
I was wondering what people have done to fix the right sided bog issue with these sleds. We have had great powder and i don't like loosing power.

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
Many many times this has been discussed on here.

You could do a search for many solutions. When snow blocks the exhaust exit the engine gets a extreme rich combustion chamber. So any way you free up the exit or lean down the engine will work.

I have always maintained that a properly tuned engine will not bog. Cat sent your sled out with rich fuel mapping on a EFI or a carbed sleds too rich of jetting. It's anoying but keeps warrantee work down. A slight blockage of the exhaust or the air intake will cause it to flood out. That's the bog.
A deflector will help. Gutting the airbox will help. Learning how to tune an engine will help.
I think it was in '06 Cat went to an exit in the A-arm cavity. That helped, but is a bigger expence for you to do.

Owen

F
Jan 15, 2009
Reno nv.
sell it!

i just finished re-locating my exhaust. the bog is better, but still there. the sled will not die like it did before. i think efi is setup from factory to rich! next stop intake elbow through tack-o-meter hole.

F
Aug 17, 2010
K-Town, BC
i just finished re-locating my exhaust. the bog is better, but still there. the sled will not die like it did before. i think efi is setup from factory to rich! next stop intake elbow through tack-o-meter hole.

I just posted this in another thread but yes I believe having nice clean fresh COLD air helps. Mine doesnt bog and it has the Speedo Snorkel intake. My friends 04 900 EFI has is stock and bogs a fair bit.

IMG00119-20110110-1123.jpg IMG00125-20110110-1124.jpg IMG00122-20110110-1124.jpg

Premium Features