• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A Few Questions About my Beater 95 Summit 670

P
Dec 23, 2010
I bought a beater 670 for backcountry skiing access last year, so far the thing has gotten me out for 30+ days of powder shredding and about 10 days of sledding with some friends.

My front shocks are completely blown, can i rebuild these? Friend has a similar year parts mxz, will those fit?

One of the vacuum lines or gas lines, not sure what it is is cut but i have no idea what it does, sled runs "fine" Issue?

Sled fouls plugs occasionally (has left me stranded because of this once, new plugs about 3 times a season) but starts usually first or second pull even in the cold HAC?

My seat started falling of while riding recently but thats an obvious fix.

Recoil exploded are the rebuild kits worth using? The spring looks good still, plastic parts are in pieces. I kind of like using a rope around the flywheel anyway, better pull but it sucks when the damn thing wont start, lots of wraping.

Anyway, thats all for now...thanks guys!
165139_1427228837688_1141800791_32097049_6632678_n.jpg

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
I doubt the MXz shocks will work.

If your a powder rider - cheap hydraulics should be good enough IMO. Especially on such an old sled. Generally you can't git the high $ shocks for the older sleds even - simply b/c no-one is about to put $500 shocks on a $400 sled.

If you generally ride a rutted and mogul filled trail into the snow - then maybe you want a better shock?

The broken vacume line may be for the HAC, and could very well be to blame for your fouling of plugs. But then if you are riding that much and went through just a few sets, that doesn't sound all that bad for an old carbbed machine IMO.

Don't know anything about the recoils on those.

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
The recoil issue is a common problem with an easy cheap fix. I recoil rebuild kit whick relaces the broken plastic pieces and the small spring that helps the plastic paw to engage the recoil costs $10-$15 and is a simple do it yourself progect.

P
Dec 23, 2010
Thanks for the advice, I want to spend next to nothing to get the shocks figured out, this sled isnt worth putting any money into really. The real issue isnt the shock absorbsion i dont even mind the rough ride, its how low the damn thing rides...any ghetto rigging idea to get the front end up a little?

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
A low rider is actually your freind if you are a true powder hound. And that sled right there is one of the best front ends for it!

That belly pan is wide and reasonably unobstructed. I have broken 50 miles of trail with one whole side of the front suspension all busted up. Couldn't even'a told it as you are skimming along on the pan enyway. Now once I got to broken trail - boy - the work began!

The MXz shocks/springs/assy may help to pick the front up. They should be longer. However I am not sure what that will doo to your geometry?

You should be able to buy hydraulics from Dennis Kirk for $50 a side I would think. ???

C
Nov 26, 2007
kalispell, MT
on the recoil issue you can get a "new" upgraded recoil that has a larger housing that makes starting these things WAY easier- my wife couldn't pull hers over when she was tired until I upgraded hers. I'll check around; I might have an old one:face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features