• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Spokane Area Riders Snow Report for E. Washington, N. Idaho & W. Montana Post 53,933

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.
So is it just me or are we really lacking on the snow ? I don't think this is normal is it..... Dang I want to ride some fresh stuff.... Ant one go out over the weekend and how was the covrage......

Bloom no snowy. need more.

Dtrip...looks like the lil kitty is rippin!!

Nitro...was that you on a ol REV?? HUH??

As far as the load time BCR defiantly loads much faster...SW is painfully slow some times.....

I dont mind surfin between both till they kill SW..Hope they dont...Its defiantly a cool resource for snowmobiling.

Wrestling meet Tuesday I believe..Cant wait!

Rags

No it is an RT i am trying to figure out why she no wants to runny right i think i have the problem fingered out.

time to hit the garage to go elbow dee into the Rt.

I have it all retty much tore out of the lsed, i forgot you have to pul the motor loose to get the reeds out.

I am stating to believe that the problem here is the Boodockers control box. I will bypass it and see if that changes anything.

Oh yea you all chaty kathy!!!!!

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Just dump that thing??? Probably heading to Canada next week for work?? Work you say IN CANADA yep on a boat even. Should be fun job Was even told to bring the wifey but she can not go, oh well. it seems i have went from one tough job to another. By the way i will probably still be using this site when it becomes a pay site BUT that does not mean i voted for obamahead. we are doing an ice fishing trip sunday (LOCAL) should yeild some nice bows in the 15 to 22 inch range. You ready POO???? Any one else is welcome. I'm in Spokane saturday working on the plex.

B

Bkinz

May 14, 2009
Lewiston,ID
Ya, I rode out of their two weekends ago. Plenty of snow to get you up their, just stay on the trail till u get past the avy zone.

P

PalousePoo

Nov 26, 2007
Farmington, Wash.
Revy VS Cooke City

Between these two places, which one would you pick and why? Revy looks to be about 100 miles closer, but accomodations are prob. cheaper in Cooke. But what's the most important to me is snow!!! POW Which one would be the most likely to have fresh snow?

N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.
I have been to both Cooke and Revy.

Revy is bigger with more places t drive to each day to play, and usually has really good snow.

and is closer for sure.

But you have to have your passport ans Canadian currency. And most everything is a lil more expensive in Canada. Exspecially if you use a debit or credit card.

Cooke is a large place to ride. and the outof bounds are marked very good, I take my motorhome over so lodging and food are inexpensive. We usually park just at the end of town. and the best part is once your there you don;t need to fire up your truck, You drive though town with your sled fill up and no exageration you are play not trailin in a matter of minutes not miles. You can easily go through 2 tanks of fuel in a day. Non turbo that is, probably 4 tanks with a turbo sled.

We are headin to Cooke in Febuary.

B

bigbull

Jan 21, 2005
Spokane, WA
www.bigbullinc.com
Between these two places, which one would you pick and why? Revy looks to be about 100 miles closer, but accomodations are prob. cheaper in Cooke. But what's the most important to me is snow!!! POW Which one would be the most likely to have fresh snow?

Revy first because of the varied terrain, different riding areas within close proximity, certain years I have rode up there with a 20% difference in favor of our dollar, lodging (at least for me) seems to be about the same per day. See more people I know riding there on any given week/weekend. More food options (but bring your own case of beer per person or whatever cause they partially fund their medical out of taxes on liquor
) Closer: Leave Spokane at 6am, arrive Cooke at 4pm, later with the motor home. Leave spokane at 4am and actually ride Frisby or Boulder in Revy the same day.

Dont get me wrong, Cooke is my second favorite place to ride nonetheless.

Oh, and the most important about Revy, fresh snow almost weekly and a longer riding season
BB

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
having hit neither I'd say revy.....but I'm sure I will ride Cooke before revy. Seems like you hear about more Avys in Cooke though.

G

GF2

Nov 26, 2007
Spokane WA
Revy is first on my list Im not sure what it is but it has everything you could want for a snowmobile destination , I will be making a trip up there this year .

A couple of years ago I made my first trip to McCall and that trip will go down as one of my best , I also am going back there this year cant wait:D

Never been to Cook or Island Park so no opinion on them .

Im glad to see this thread is not completely dead I use SW for alot more than just this thread. I will pay for this service.

R
Dec 2, 2001
Spokane WA
Cooke City is not a bad place to go, but I wont ride there again untill I have a turbo. The town is at 7700 feet and all the riding is higher. Turns your 800 into a 600

Revy all the way for me. Hell, Id go to McCall before I go to Cooke City

Revy2-07004.jpg

08008.jpg

Plus Revy has a whiskey named after it:D

N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.
nitro........what are you riding this year?

My ole T-Pex again.

Revy first because of the varied terrain, different riding areas within close proximity, certain years I have rode up there with a 20% difference in favor of our dollar, lodging (at least for me) seems to be about the same per day. See more people I know riding there on any given week/weekend. More food options (but bring your own case of beer per person or whatever cause they partially fund their medical out of taxes on liquor) Closer: Leave Spokane at 6am, arrive Cooke at 4pm, later with the motor home. Leave spokane at 4am and actually ride Frisby or Boulder in Revy the same day.

Dont get me wrong, Cooke is my second favorite place to ride nonetheless.

Oh, and the most important about Revy, fresh snow almost weekly and a longer riding season
BB

No dought Revy is better But it seems so much farther I think just because of the border crosing. something about another contry.

My best time to Cooke in the home is 10 hours. that was with great road conditions and no head winds.

Dtrip...bought a cat and still owes me cash for a Polaris seat....cat owners you never can trust them.

Yea you gotts to watch out for them cat guys.

R
Jan 2, 2002
Newman Lake Washington
I have only been to West Yellow Stone a couple of times but Im told its not to comparible to Cook..West was ok..

Revy is AWSOME...but a long drive for me now...:face-icon-small-dis

McCall is my new favorite spot for sure not that I have been around it a few times...the best over all riding Ive done...

BUT...I still REALY like Lincoln MT. Its close and its BIG....there just is only one or two days of riding there.

Hardazz...Let me know if you have those hoses...Im trying to get this ol sled running by the 21st if I can...it aint looking good unless I can sell me wood stove...

BTW...anyone looking to buy a Vermont Castings wood stove? Best you can buy...heated my 2800sq ft house no problem...and burned all night...it has a heat actuated damper to control the burn that works great!...Let me know!

Rags

Premium Features