• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tracking riding buddies

Post number 25 has been selected as best answered.

jbusch

Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
What does everyone use to keep track of each other?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Elkaholic4life

Twin Peaks
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2013
Portland, OR
In all seriousness. I have a BCA link radio and a Garmin rino 650. They don't get used much though. Line of sight is better. The BCA is good for I'm stuck, come find me. The rino is good for, I'm stuck, come help me

jdrmx

Lifetime Membership
Nov 17, 2013
Eastern SD
Bca link. Everyone in our group knows to not drift out of radio range, and is not very far in the mountains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dragonflya

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2018
Pacific Northwest/Tigard OR
Trail Tech Voyager Pro

After a riding buddy got misplaced last weekend at Mt. Adams and many ‘herding cats’ attempts, I was first to add a Voyager Pro. It allows tracking up to 20 riders. The rest of the group has them on order. We also use the BCA Links radios. I have a Garmin 755t but don’t use it on rides as it is hard to use the screens with gloves on. Voyager Pro even works with Shot.
Always best to keep a visual, but in trees and less than clear conditions sometimes difficult.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
With the voyager pro, does it only track other voyager pro users or can it link to other equipment?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
The Polaris ride command app works surprisingly well and it's free.

I have the app but never used the group feature. So once you choose the group icon and sign up, it is free? That sounds awesome! Thanks!

Does it require cell service to work in group mode?

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
line of sight and bca radios, normally we never separate far from each other unless we know exactly where both groups are going

Premium Features