• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Assault 800 Silber Turbo Clutching

S
Dec 13, 2018
Anyone out there boost their 800 Axys Assault 144? I have the 2” track on mine, usually run 7# at 8,000-10,000’ with 73.75 grams weight. I ran the springs that came in the Silber kit but looking for more insight on helix/springs if there are better options out there. Haven’t found much on clutching/gearing for a boosted Assault.

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
place this in the turbo section you will get a bunch of input. I have a 16 axys assault 155 2.6 running 3 to 5 pounds of boost at 0 to 6000 ft silber also and I run indy dans low elevation clutch kit {weights, springs and helix} night and day from what came stock in the kit! you are probably looking at his standard kit but best to call him he will hook you up :D GoOo0d times! as for the gearing its good for powder riding. might gear up if your a trail guy?

T
Dec 20, 2010
I found the recommended weights far too lite on my 155 2.6, added a couple more grams really seemed to help load the motor and build boost quicker running 3lb spring in Iowa and 5lb in Wyoming

Last edited:

WAsledder

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2018
Cle Elum WA
I ran the clutching that came in my silber kit last season and was blowing belts and over revving, with the weights maxed out. Clutch heat was off the charts. This season I sent my clutches down to Indy Dan for balancing and maintenance and had them install their heavy turbo weights (we ride 3-7k). I have a couple rides on them and couldn't be happier. My sled really woke up. I was able to drop 7 grams of weight with the Indy set up and clutches are cool after long pulls. The only complaint I have is now I need to buy an arc or coupled skid because the skis are always pointing to the sky. Every clutch I have will get shipped to Indy specialties from this point forward. Best money spent on a sled imo

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
I ran the clutching that came in my silber kit last season and was blowing belts and over revving, with the weights maxed out. Clutch heat was off the charts. This season I sent my clutches down to Indy Dan for balancing and maintenance and had them install their heavy turbo weights (we ride 3-7k). I have a couple rides on them and couldn't be happier. My sled really woke up. I was able to drop 7 grams of weight with the Indy set up and clutches are cool after long pulls. The only complaint I have is now I need to buy an arc or coupled skid because the skis are always pointing to the sky. Every clutch I have will get shipped to Indy specialties from this point forward. Best money spent on a sled imo

X2 on this. IS is great to deal with as well. I found a ton of belt dust (lost 2 belts) with silbers clutching. Never again, I’ll try to buy their turbo minus their clutching. I road a whole season with IS clutching, zero belt dust. The guard is as clean as new from factory. His package is perfect! Well worth the money! Time saved on testing/tuning. He’s done it for you!

Last edited:

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID

Give Kevin at Kmod a call, he'll get you set up with an awesome coupled skid that will keep the front planted when you want it to be and very playful when you want it to be. His skid greatly improves the ride of the sled as well.

WAsledder

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2018
Cle Elum WA
I've actually talked to him a few times and am leaning that way. Everyone I've talked to has nothing but good things to say about his product and every time I've called I've gotten a response shortly after. He seems like a stand up dude with a proven product.

T
Dec 20, 2010
I've never blown a belt but I'm certainly no Chris Burandt and I get tired long before the belt has a chance to get hot lol

Premium Features