• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

King Cat Clutching Setup Comparisons

scoop

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
idaho
hyvo chain and gears

i am changing my track out and eaarlier this summer I bought a new hyvo chain and gears, they sent me all 13 wide gears and chain. With this set up do I still need 15 wide top gear and 15 wide chain just like the stock setup.

U

untouchable

Nov 27, 2007
Neihart, Montana
Speedwerx Single and Y pipe
VForce Reeds

66.5gr with Yellow/Green - turns 7500 when climbing
Red/White in most backshift hole

18/43 15wide (yes I break a few chains here and there)
7T - 3.0P drivers

162X16X2.5 Extreme Track

170lb rider

2.5" Suspension set back w/ drop brackets

Light torsion spring setting, longest limiter strap length, stiff front shock

A
Nov 26, 2007
04 King cat Jaws twins stock Primary well broke to Ti springs so went to the yellow green, straight 51 red white secondary spring, 340 mains needels droped down one Pilots up 1 size, I weigh 280 ready to ride, and with the attack 20 in hill climb, it pulled 55mph up every hill i point it at. AMAZING sled. and stock with a mbrp can 340 mains same clutch set up, but all motors very. but should get you close. oh ya riding around 4000 to 6500, you can drop down to 320 above 6500 but its a wee bit lean tell you climb a little higher. stock gearing. good luck

Jul 22, 2009
I relatively new to the sled world so this might be a dumb question but...

How many grams are the stock primary weights on a 2005 King Cat EFI 162??? Just trying to get an idea of what I'm starting with.

Also, this is a great thread. Not sure I'm ready to dive into the clutch yet but want to start doing my homework long before I do. If anyone out there has any suggestions based on my mods in my signature please feel free to chime in. Otherwise, I think I've got a decent starting point based on some of the responses above from similar sled setups. Thanks guys.

Premium Features